Monday, February 28, 2011

Is winter over yet?

No. No, it's not. Sigh.
Friday we had a huge, messy, disgusting rain-sleet-snow combination, and today we're supposed to get the same thing. Gross. The sidewalks have been plowed, but no sand or salt put down, so today's walk to school was much more of a 'skid' than a 'walk.' Connor even fell once - all of us had some close calls. And I imagine I'll be listening to the radio all day waiting for school to be cancelled mid-day if the storm starts earlier than expected. District 2 in New Brunswick is closed today, and honestly, it feels like such a rip-off when they're cancelled and we're not! I can't imagine we'll have school tomorrow, though, if there's as much of a mess as there was after Friday night.

But, for now, I'm comfortably set up at the computer with my jammies back on, and a dozing, purring cat across my arms. She keeps lazily looking back if I move too much while I type!

Supplies: fairy image from Graphic 45;
papers from Basic Grey "capella;"
die cut Nestabilities lacey circle sponged with Peeled Paint distress ink;
"Make a Wish" stamp from Studio G 
 stamped with Peeled Paint & traced with Sakura Stardust glitter pen

Supplies: images all from Cicely Mary Barker fairy book;
medallion made from old book page;
Basic Grey button with a glitter brad in the centre;
Fairy wings glittered with clear micro-beads;
"Just for You" stamp from Hero Arts, stamped with Palette Noir ink
Not springtime yet, but at least I can play with fairies & dream about it, right?
Stay warm - and safe - and upright, if you happen to have to walk around out there!
xoxo,
Jessi

No comments: