Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Mysteries of Word Verification...

So, I didn't realize that in order to leave a comment people had to enter the lame-o word verification. Sorry about that! Luckily in my blog reading I came across instructions how to turn it off, and it made me wonder if mine was inadvertently turned on (get your mind out of the gutter). Anyhow, unrealized problem solved. Here come the spammers!


Supplies: Digital image from Squigglefly;
papers from Basic Grey "Curio" and by me;
Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint Distress Inks;
"Happy Birthday" stamp from My Favorite Things

I printed out four flowers to work with. I used a Quickie Glue Pen to trace over the lines of the flowers, and then embossed with clear EP. Then I used the 'floating reinker' technique - spraying the paper heavily with water, and then painting with reinkers. Then I cut out one flower (my favourite) to pop it up on foam tape for dimension, along with the upper leaves, and part of another flower to pop it up further. The orange background paper is made the same way as the mermaid card from the other day - ink applied directly to the paper, and then the paper is sprayed with water to blend.  
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Hopscotch" and "Wander;"
Lily fairy from Pink Cat Studio;
sentiment from The Angel Company;
standard circle and lacey scalloped Nestabilities
I love this sentiment - every day should have a little bit of whimsy in it! This is another digital image, which I coloured several times & cut out to pop up on foam tape. I was going to cut out the antennae, but {ahem} had a scissors malfunction, so the edge of her hair is glued down along with her itty-bitty arms and legs.

Supplies: Papers all from Basic Grey "Hopscotch;"
Sunglasses girl stamp from CC Designs;
"Celebrate with Style" from Hero Arts;
Labels 4 Nestabilities; brad source unknown;
flowers crocheted by me, blue flower dyed with Broken China distress ink
This girl is fun to paper-piece with funky clothes. I also embossed the blue label mat with the Swiss Dots folder, and swiped the raised dots with the Broken China ink.

I posted this on Facebook already, but thought I'd share it here too. Riley is really just starting to figure out the whole 'boy-girl' thing...the kids in his class are starting to talk about crushes and that sort of thing, and he has a lot of questions. Connor has basically ignored the whole thing (thank goodness). Anyhow, Riley comes up to me yesterday and says, "I want to tell you something true. Most men like to look at butts."

I had no response - I was too busy trying not to burst out laughing. Good grief. It may not always be fun around here, but I guess at least it's never boring!

xoxo,
Jessi

1 comment:

Locavore Family said...

Hilarious. I'm lucky we're no where near that stage.