Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's Day is fast approaching...

...and I'm busily creating as many cutesy cards as I can. I bought some truly sumptuous velvet paper, and I'm trying very hard to use it and not hoard it.

Supplies: Fluffles in Love stamp, fun flock by Stampendous;
velvet paper...love.....cut with circle Nesties; kitty panel cut with Labels 4;
'sweetheart' stamp from Studio G; all ink Palette Noir;
grass drawn by hand, colouring done with Prismacolor pencils & Dove blender;
spotted background paper from Basic Grey Nook & Pantry;
heart eyelets from ancient stash
  All the same, I don't plan to do anything crazy like use it for an entire cardfront...and I can bet I won't be tossing any of the teeny scraps either. Not sure what I can do with a piece only 5 mm x 3 cm, but there must be something....right?

Supplies: pink paper from Fancy Pants; velvet hearts cut freehand;
pearls from Dollarama; "Love" button from Dress it Up!;
'Happy Valentine's' stamp from Studio G, stamped with Vintage Photo distress ink
 It's freezing here today - back below -20 C again {shiver} - and we're anticipating another big snow storm mid-week. I don't know where we're going to put it - already the snowbanks along the sidewalks are close to 5 feet tall in spots. I guess we usually have more temperature fluctuations, because even though we've been here for 9 winters (whoa...) I don't remember having this many snowfalls without a melt in there somewhere.
Keep warm!
xoxo
Jessi

1 comment:

StampendousGraphics said...

Your Fluffles Romance card is just adorable. It's nice to see our naughty kitty behaving himself on your darling card. Thanks so much for choosing Stampendous!!