Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birthday Tulips

Supplies: Tulip stamp from PSX;
stamped with Versamark & embossed with black detail EP;
coloured with Prismacolor pencils & Dove blender;
paper from DCWV "Mariposa Mat Stack;"
sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado, stamped with Palette Noir

I thought that colouring this detailed image after embossing it would make it easier to colour...and the answer to that would be NO. It was very difficult to avoid chipping off little bits of the embossed portions, and of course the paper underneath wouldn't take new colour. Live and learn - it took a long time to do, but I really like the richness and depth of colour achieved by colouring on a dark background. The envelope paper is too thin to withstand much blending, so I used a light hand & ended up with a neat shabby look. I can't get enough of this tulip stamp - PSX was my favourite company for stickers & their huge detailed stamps, and every once in a while I have to check out Ebay and drool over the few stamps that are still out there.
xoxo,
Jessi

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

What a gorgeous vintage-y, collage-y card! That tulip image is remarkably detailed. No wonder you love it!! The attention you gave the envelope is just wonderful. Beautiful work!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! and I love the matching envelope! You did a great job on this!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

I know exactly what you mean with the bits falling off - just happened to me with my latest card )-:
But your tulips are simply AMAZING!!! LOVE both your coloring and the colors you've used - so beautiful!