Friday, March 25, 2011

What do you mean, the power's out??

Oh, yesterday was a humdinger. The power went out at about 2 a.m, and stayed off until after 4 p.m. Nearly the entire town was affected, including all but 2 schools...the boys were NOT impressed that their school was open but our house had no power. I found it a rather heaven-sent occurrence, since judging from the level of shrieking going on at 7 a.m. it would have been a very long day. And, all that with no coffee. We drove around after dropping off the kids, but nothing was open - at least, nothing that served coffee. I was tempted to go get the coffeemaker & stop at the school to plug it in...I'm down to one cup most days, but that is a very important cup. Feeling crummy all week means I haven't made anything new - I did some colouring on Wednesday, but that was it - and I had intended to spend a few hours at my desk yesterday, but the natural light is poor there, and it was so cold in here that I ended up wearing my hat & several blankets on the couch reading instead. Oh, and no hot water either, so no shower until after the power came back on. No caffeine, no shower, no fun. What a whiner, I know, boo hoo.
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Curio;"
image panel from the packaging on the Curio buttons!;
scrap of velvet ribbon & Hero Arts lace;
corner rounder; Nesties labels 4;
'best wishes' rub-on from Kaisercraft
I love being able to recycle pretty little bits, and the packaging on the Curio buttons I bought was far too gorgeous to toss in the recycling, so I carefully cut the package open rather than ripping into it as usual. I love the scripty overlay and that big beautiful rose, and that teeny little bird hanging out...
xoxo,
Jessi

3 comments:

C said...

Coffee tip...and no, you're not a whiner. Get a propane coffee pot...yes, they do sell them. We got one after the first of three hurricanes in a row hit us and believe me, my husband was forever grateful!!

C said...

Forgot to add that your card is proof that small bits can make for one beautiful creation!

Emily Keaton said...

Sorry to hear that you were without power for so long!! That is a huge bummer. I hope that today is a better one. :) Great job recycling that fab bit of packaging. What a pretty card!