Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Madness!

Supplies: sticker from stash...it's reaaaally old;
paper from My Mind's Eye "Tickled Pink;"
doily from Wilton;
Congrats stamp from Studio G; stamped with Palette Noir
and coloured with Prismacolor pencils;
ribbon from May Arts

Supplies: Nest, feathers, and egg stickers from PSX;
all papers from Basic Grey "Capella;"
sentiment stamp from Studio G;
stamped with Vintage Photo distress ink;
pearls from $ store;
Labels 4 Nestabilities

Supplies: all papers from Basic Grey "Two Scoops;"
"baby" medallion from Studio G;
stamped with Colorbox chalk ink & embossed with clear EP;
labels 4 nestabilities

Supplies: Owl paper from My Mind's Eye "True Blue;"
vellum sentiment from Colorbok;
yellow 'dewdrops' from $store

Supplies: Giraffe stamp from Recollections;
stamped with Palette Noir & watercoloured with Tumbled Glass distress ink;
standard oval nestabilities, sponged with Tumbled Glass;
all papers & green button from Basic Grey "Hopscotch;"
heart button from Dress it Up!;
scalloped edges made with corner rounder

Supplies: Super Dog by Sandra Boynton;
papers & some buttons from Basic Grey "Wander;"
green buttons from stash;
letters from Basic Grey

Supplies: stickers (B is for baby, word strips, 100% cute tag) from 7gypsies;
paper from Basic Grey "Hopscotch"

Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Lemonade;"
stork from Colorbok;
'baby girl is love' rub-on from Daisy D's;
rhinestone strip & swirls from $store;
scalloped edges made with corner rounder

Supplies: stickers from Pebbles (I think...ancient stash!);
papers from Basic Grey "Archaic;"
'baby miracle' rub-ons from Daisy D's
Sometimes I find that I get in a groove making one type of card - last week it was baby cards, and I went nuts with them. I did a little stash-busting at the same time, which always makes me feel so virtuous - Oh, look at me, I used the rest of that sticker sheet I've had since 1999, good for me! (And now I can go buy more stuff guilt-free. lol!)
And if it's OK to say so myself, several of these cards just really make me happy - the one with the bird's nest, and the Sandra Boynton illustration, and the simple-looking Bargello technique. That one took perseverance through a bunch of mistakes, but the finished effect was totally worth it. Plus, once again I used up some old supplies making it, which makes it even better.
Just putzing around today so far - it's 1 pm and we're just getting ready to head out the door. It's another gorgeous day out there, and it's nearly time to have something delicious for lunch. Yesterday we went out for dim sum - ahhhhhh, it's been forever! - and today is still wide open. Last night I came over to my little sister's, and I'll be here until tomorrow, when I head to Gramma's. It's lovely - it's all been planned out for me, so the only day that's not already set up as to what I'm doing is Friday. And by set up, it's simply who I'm spending the day with - everything else is whatever we feel like doing. It's funny how much I missed seeing the mountains everywhere - at home all there are is little hills, so seeing the mountains again feels good. I've even got postcards ready to send in the mail, so maybe (just maybe) they'll arrive before I get home.
Off to see what's Moxie Fab today - there's always something good :)
xoxo,
Jessi

No comments: