Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crazy Penguins

Supplies: Penguins & sentiments from The Cat's Pajamas;
stamped with Palette Noir, coloured with markers;
papers from Cosmo Cricket "DeLovely;"
Sakura Stardust pen for glittery goodness;
Stampendous Fun Flock (Cotton Ball) for fuzzy bellies;
black rhinestones & cardstock; scalloped scissors for border;
standard & lacey circle Nestabilities; Cuttlebug embossing folder
Supplies: Penguins & sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas;
stamped with Palette Noir ink, coloured with markers;
paper from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy "Tickled Pink;"
standard oval & circle Nestabilities; Cuttlebug embossing folder;
liquid applique for cupcake frosting; microbeads for sprinkles;
Stampendous Fun Flock (Cotton Ball) for fuzzy bellies;
Sakura Stardust pen for glitz!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the baby blanket - I brought it with me to the market, and it sold! Hard to be unhappy about that :) I'm working on another, but I think it will be probably 2 or 3 weeks before it's finished.

Last week I tried to place two orders online for craft supplies - both with companies I've ordered from before - and with the first, the cart malfunctioned, and customer service got back to me once to ask for details, and then nothing since. The second has yet to send me an invoice, even though it's been 6 days now, and I followed up with another email to make sure they realized that I hadn't received one...argh! You wouldn't think it would be so hard to give someone money, for Pete's sake. To add insult to injury, in the time I've been waiting on these two companies, they've gone out of stock on several of the items I was trying to order. Do you have a favourite place to order from that also ships to Canada without wanting my firstborn?

Speaking of my firstborn, his asthma has been in terrible shape lately. We finally got in to see the doctor yesterday, and he's got to switch to a new inhaler. This one is used without the spacer, but it's called a 'turbohaler' - a cool name goes a long way towards smoothing the worry about taking it differently. He'll have to go back in less than 2 weeks to make sure that it's working properly - he's been taking his rescue inhaler every day, sometimes more than once, so I really hope this works quickly. This appears to be Doctor Month - between three of us, there are so far 5 appointments this month. Today's appointment is for the dentist - Connor's first trip to a "regular" dentist since he was first referred to the IWK Children's Hospital clinic when he was 4. He needs a filling, and I'm not sure who's more anxious, him or me. Dad booked him for a full cleaning and the filling, and previously all the dentists at the IWK could do when he was awake was look in his mouth. Not touch, not x-ray, not nothing. It's worth a try - the wait for the local dentist is only 3 weeks, rather than the (at least) 3 months for the IWK, but still....keep your fingers crossed that he copes well. Also, send Valium for both of us. Or just me - I'm OK with that ;)

xoxo,
Jessi

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

These penguin cards are adorable, Jessi! What fun sentiments. I really hope that all of the medical/dental issues work themselves out OK. :)

Charity said...

Absolutely adorable cards; LOVE the penguins. I hope your son does better on this medicine. Good luck with the dentist.