Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm the Drama Queen!

Ugh, I never realized until reading the comments that it came across any other way - I'm totally the drama queen. I meant my temper tantrum, and feeling like I was going to quit making cards. To Rob's ultimate credit, he listened and nodded a lot during that rant. The customer was (hopefully) happy with the order, although I wasn't. It held to the theme, and it turned out OK, but it definitely wasn't worth the amount of stress. Like Meg & Mr. Corgi say, it's supposed to be fun!

Speaking of Meg, hopefully if you're a paper crafter you're aware of the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol competition going on right now, and are registered to vote...I added a widget for Meg's contest entry at the top of my page. If you're so inclined, I would love for you to vote for her - once again, her card knocks my socks off. (The fact that I was already barefoot notwithstanding...)

Today is so definitely a Monday - for the second night in a row, Gertie the cat has had me up in the middle of the night. I defy anyone to sleep through the sound of a cat regurgitating multiple times. My favourite would have to be the one from my nightstand, landing on the carpet next to the bed. And then, by 7 a.m., the thunderstorms we were expecting at mid-day had arrived, and last week I made a mistake. It was raining really hard, so I let the kids skip day camp...and so as soon as they saw the rain, {partay! Stay at home!}
Not that I wanted to ride my bike in a thunderstorm either, but that makes 4 days in a row at home. They're going tomorrow if I have to build an ark. {And the sun's been shining all afternoon, of course....but it was raining this morning, so outside is a no-go.}

OK, mind wandering...Sandy Ang from Sandy's Space is having a fantastic challenge for summer - create any handmade item with a travel theme. I've now made 3 different things for her challenge, and managed to photograph only one! Here it is:

Supplies: Papers all from Basic Grey "Wander;"
'enjoy' stamp & mesh texture stamp from Studio G;
Bicycle stamp from Recollections;
Memento Tuxedo Black ink; black embroidery thread;
buttons from stash
The challenge ends July 22, so bop on over there & link up!

And in case you're wondering what I'm drinking to be so chipper, Rob found this at the liquor store:


Me likey, in sparkling lemonade. Summer is nice :)

11 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi dear, your card is wonderful. Love all the buttons!!

I also like the liquor bottle. I'd just like to have it for the pink bottle.

Glad today is better.

Sandy Ang said...

Yes I agree cardmaking should be fun and not stressful. Thanks for linking up your fun like bike card. And look forward to seeing the other things you've made for the challenge

Emily Leiphart said...

Jessi, I was laughing through your entire post! I'd love to meet you if I ever make it out to the east coast. You are so fun and talented! And you are super sweet to post Meg's widget on your blog!

A card with a bike? Of course it's fantastic and I love that row of buttons! Yum on the drink, too. That bottle is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous card! Love your stitched line of buttons and that bicycle image is awesome! (Your 'girly' drink looks like fun - might be a little sweet for me - lol)

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome bike card, Jessi!! You cleverly switched up the stitching on your buttons, and I really like how that turned out. Great colors, so fun for summer! I can totally see why you were so chipper during your post. Spiked raspberry lemonade? Yum!! Keep hanging in there!!

Meg said...

Oh, we all have our temper tantrum moments, Jessi! I'm thinking I may need to go buy some of that girl liquor to have in reserve for my next one (I'm also trying not to make a "I hardly know her!" joke with a liquor called "girl", but my willpower is weak.).

Love your cute little button row for your cute little bike! You make me want to use more patterned paper. And decorate more envelopes. :)

Hope you get some sunshine happiness today!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ha ha! Hitting the ole' bottle makes everything better.

Glad you're better, and yes, we all have those moments. Sometimes papercrafting isn't fun, but I always think it's rewarding in the end.

Cute card--I love all of the buttons! The bicycle stamp is so cute!

Meg said...

That liquor must have gone straight to my head...I totally forgot to thank you for giving me a Gallery Idol shout out!!! You are too sweet! Finding out I have so many people in my corner has been the best thing about the competition! You rock, girl! :)

JJ Bolton said...

Rob and my hubby can start a support group, lol! But I'm glad you're feeling better! That pink bottle cracks me up! I've never seen such a thing!

I really love your bike card!! The ten speed with the old school handlebars is the best:)

Allison Rankin said...

Fab! Great for a guy with paper and buttons I love!

Allison Rankin said...

Fab! Great for a guy with paper and buttons I love!