Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

....who doesn't read my blog, so I can post this even though she doesn't have it yet!
I haven't wrapped this, nor I have I made a card yet (eep!) but wanted to share this on Allison's Little Lovelies post. I have made a lot of these scarves, maybe 5 or 6 now, and I can't for the life of me remember where the pattern came from. I did alter the original, though.


This particular scarf is crocheted with a 4 mm hook, using 100% cotton yarn. It's the first time I've done something other than a dishcloth with this weight of cotton, and I found it rather unforgiving. The end result is still nice & soft & cuddly, but making it was a bit of a pain.

And, now for my goofy dog/model:


Look at those disbelieving eyebrows...'mom, do I have to?'

This is ridiculous. I demand treats.

Your idea of a treat displeases me. I hate your scarf.


Supplies: patterned paper from Bella Blvd;
butterfly stamp from Autumn Leaves;
watercoloured with Broken China distress ink;
rhinestone border strip from $store;
standard circle Nesties
And let's see...how about a card to finish off? Ooh, lookie, it even goes with the scarf! {seal clapping} Apparently today is going to be a goofy one.

xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Great scarf, Jessi! Love the pattern and colors--and model!--you used. The card does *indeed* go with that scarf. You should run with that!! And, oh, you were so clever to wrap that rhinestone border strip around into a circle to frame that pretty butterfly. That's perfect! Have a great weekend!!

Jen W. said...

Those pictures are priceless! I love your pooch! And is that a pig ear on the floor? My dogs live for those! :)
Your scarf is gorgeous! Love the blues and the design. I know nothing about crocheting but II know I like this scarf. :)
And the rhinestone border strip on your card rocks. Hooray for the dollar store!

walchowDesign said...

OMG! The scarf is great, Jessi! It's so beautifully crocheted. Hmm, maybe one of this day we should get together and set-up handmade stuff for sale!!

Ooo... you tickled me when I saw your cute little dog with your great scarf! Great pic!

Jingle said...

Both the scarf and the card are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

BLING! I love it and especially the way that it matches your glorious scarf! Your friend is going to adore it!

Theresa said...

Pretty, pretty scarf!! The dog looks so cute wearing it. Love the card and the bling in the round is gorgeous.

JustYolie said...

Wonderful scarf and your model is cute! LOL I just love how you added the bling on your card! Gorgeous!
Beautiful card and love how you decorated the treat can! :)
I hope you join us for Link Up for Pink starting October 1st...we have over $3K worth of prizes...
www.JustYolie.com

lisa arana said...

I adore you model. Fabulous scarf and your card is AMAZING. So pretty and sparkly.

Allison @ little lovelies said...

It looks great - a really pretty color. And I just I love your model :)

JJ Bolton said...

Your dog is cracking me up! That one pic with the scarf around her head KILLS me!

You're so talented with the crocheting!

Jocelyn Olson said...

You are so talented! Quilling, card making, crocheting...what's next? Your pics are hilarious, but the captions are even funnier. The card is so pretty--love monochromatic cards.