Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Virginia!

If you somehow haven't heard, Virginia of Yes, Virginia is turning 50, and she's having a big birthday bash to celebrate. Here's the party right here, and already there are loads of gorgeous entries all inspired by Virginia's creativity, kindness, and generosity. I've made Virginia a virtual birthday card, inspired by her amazing rainbow card seen here. I love checking in with Virginia's blog to see what she's been creating, and the photographs she shares of her family (and the funny things they say!) remind me to share those kinds of events from my own life. (Thus the abundance of Abby photographs...lol).

Supplies: black embossed paper from Kaisercraft "Chapter One;"
flower stamp from Stampin' Up! "Fifth Avenue Floral;"
Sentiment from MFT; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
flowers coloured with distress inks:
Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass,
Broken China,Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord;
orange & purple brads from Making Memories;
pink, aqua, and green brads from Basic Grey
The flowers were all stamped out on a piece of cardstock, then coloured in by sponging ink over the images, and fussy-cut.  I can't for the life of me remember where I saw this technique, but it suits my colouring-impaired self to a tee!
Happy Birthday, Virginia! May {ahem} 50 bring you as many joys as you can imagine!

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Hi Jessi, I REALLY REALLY like this card that you made for my virtual birthday party!! The flowers are so beautiful with lots of planned white space! SO my kind of card! Thank you for the sweet words about me and my blog. I think happiness should be shared...thus I share so much through my card and blog. I am honored that my blog inspired you in some ways. So thankful to know you and thank you for making my birthday party extra special!! xo

Theresa said...

Another totall beauty...I think I need to CASE this one. Totally love what you did with this.

FABULOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Such a fabulous bright design! Love those brad flower centres. This is really an awesome card Jessi!

lisa arana said...

Beautiful card for Virginia! Those flowers are just lovely!

Jenny said...

mmmm- I'm liking the pop of colour on those beautiful flowers Jessi, the brad centres are cute too :)
Jenny x

JJ Bolton said...

Love this card Jessi! I love the pops of color over the white. The perfect clean and graphic look!

Meg said...

Oh, fabulous card! I love the rainbow of colors and your secret coloring technique.

walchowDesign said...

Fabulous card, Jessi! Love the colours you used on the black and white bg! All flowers really pop out!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this one will surely be in my top3 for you!
:-D
Love it! It's so gorgeous, the black and white base, with the pretty colored flowers!! Love the way they are tangled up, beautiful!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jen W. said...

Loving those rainbow flowers and their perfectly matched brads! Nice inking too... :)

Unknown said...

Jessi, this is gorgeous! I love everything about this...such a happy, fun design, but beautiful too...a stunner. Congrats too on winning!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats, Jessi! You won the giveaway for my party favor (prize #1--one year Paper Crafts subscription). Can you please email me your postal address? If you are already subscribing, I can give you an alternative prize. So happy for your win!