Monday, January 23, 2012

Mother Nature's Bling - Barbles Challenge #2

Supplies: Monet print from damaged book;
velvet ribbon & yellow 'dewdrops' from stash;
Memento Tuxedo Black ink; stamps from MFT


link here

I can't stop making cards for Barb's challenge - I love all of the inspiration photos, and I'm still making cards inspired by them. The card above was inspired by two things - the yellow daylily photo, and one of Barb's instructions:

"3- create a new, original piece of art (because you're all artists)"

So that was the quote that jumped out of the Emerson set to be on my card.
I've finally gotten around to making some Valentines cards, now to get around to editing & posting the photos! I'd wish you all a happy Monday, but, it's Monday. Icky.
xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Jen W. said...

Awesome upcycling and I so want some of those drops...

walchowDesign said...

Great recycling of Monet painting, Jessi! Love the row of dewdrops.

Wishing you a very good year with 3dragons at home!

Annette Allen said...

this is so amazing...great idea...love it

Emily Keaton said...

I LOVE seeing how you are inspired by these photos--and now DIREX!!!--Jessi! That is fabulous. What a great idea to use an honest-to-goodness art print from a damaged book. That's using your noodle!!

Theresa said...

Jessi, this is gorgeous!! WOW what a fabulous idea. Absolutely gorgeous.

Emily Leiphart said...

At first I thought you painted that! I love how you recycled and dressed it up with dewdrops and ribbon. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Fab idea! Love how you added the dew drops!

lisa arana said...

The dew drops are fabulous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Jessi, this is gorgeous! and, i'm happy to say that you've won a prize :) the $25 gift certificate to a store of your choice is...yours! e-me with your preference whether it's a particular stamp company or general craft supply store, i'll do my best to accommodate your wants. xx