Monday, February 27, 2012

A blog award? {blushes}


I'm ba-aaaa-ck! My sweet li'l ol' computer is back home where she belongs...we now return to our regularly scheduled programming. {groan...but come on, you missed my corny goofball self! I know it!}

While I was otherwise occupied (thumb twiddling) I was super lucky to receive the Liebster Blog award from not one but two super sweet, super talented blogging pals. If you aren't already following these two, you are definitely missing out on major talent:

JJ Bolton, at Ribbon Girls, is a master of white space & deceptively CAS cards. I say deceptively CAS because the amount of detail that JJ puts into her work is definitely not simple. Some of my favourites among her recent cards are these rainbow delights and this amazing faux-letterpress card.
JJ is also a multiple Moxie Fab winner (and the only ever double-winner for the Medallions Challenge - holy carp!), sweet, generous, and kind.

Jen W, at JENerally Speaking, is another CAS stunner - even if she can't be trusted with white embossing powder. She's clever, creative, and crazy, leaves fabulous comments that make me laugh, and thinks I'm funny. Obviously she's very smart. (I must digress...the scene from Princess Bride where the grandfather says to wee little Fred Savage "Yes, yes, you're very smart....now shut up!") She's a Moxie Fab winner, racks up the challenge wins all over the place, actually, and some of my recent favourites are the sympathy cards she made for some special animals, and this fancy rainbow chick. I do loves me some rainbows, you know.



What is the Liebster Blog award? Here is a quick explanation.   'Liebster' is German for 'dearest'. The award is a 'share-the-love' arrangement, given to inspirational bloggers with less than 200 followers (based on Google followers).

Here's the to-do list of any Liebster award recipient:
1) Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
2) Reveal your five blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3) Copy and paste the award on your blog (see above)
4) Hope that those you award forward it to their favorite bloggers 

(JJ summed it up nicely, so I've borrowed exactly what she wrote!)

How do I pick only 5 people??? Luckily, in a sense, the limitation to 'under 200 followers' has helped me narrow it down! In no particular order, I've chosen these five fabulous ladies to tell you about:

*Sally from Cinnamon Sally Designs, who has a gift with flowers & butterflies that leaves me feeling inspired every time I visit her blog! She's a kind & sweet commenter, and a wonderfully creative soul. Some of my recent favourites among her cards are this 'fancy schmancy' Trigger card and this gorgeous cracked glass beauty.

*Barb from kinsale creations, who's hosted several challenges that have given me great inspiration (check the posts labeled 'barbles') and is close enough that we can eventually get together and craft! She's a talented photographer as well as card-maker, even if she can't be trusted with Glossy Accents...and she just had her first publication in the latest issue of Paper Crafts (happy dance!). Some of my recent favourites are this girly Thanks card and feline Never Give Up on Love card.

*Therese from Lostinpaper - talented, kind, sweet, and encouraging, and a master of CAS. She's a designer on several teams, and rocks them all! Some of my recent favourites are this cute little monster and this pretty aqua gem.

*Emily from My Little Slice of Bliss, who rocks the DeNami design team, Moxie challenges, anything she puts her mind to...and she's been an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. She's simply fabulous. Two recent favourites are this group of DeNami butterflies (especially that circle!) and this awesome chickie Valentine...since now it lives at my house (yar!)

*Theresa from My Sassy Cards, who's a Junior Trendsetter for There She Goes, and on the DT for Tuesday Morning Sketches & the Cupcake Craftroom...and a super sweet, kind, friendly, and talented person to boot. Not to pat my own back at the same time, but one of my recent favourites is this Easter card using one of my crocheted mats to PERFECTION, and this hilarious one that I need to make in bulk ...just sayin'. 

So, you should have already had lots of eye candy from checking out all these fabulous gals, but it feels like a naked post without something from me too, so here you go:

Supplies: papers from AC "Abode;"
stickers from Suzy's Zoo
Have a sun-shiny day! 
xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

You defiinitely qualify for this award. Amazing creations all the time my dear. Yay for your computer being back!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me Jessi, back to you GF!
Congrats on having your computer back... sadly mine is out the door shortly, scary times.

Emily Keaton said...

Awwwww . . . gee, thanks, Jessi!! First, you totally deserve this Liebster Award! I love dropping by your blog to visit--your creations are so fun to see, your posts are so fun to read, and you are soooooooooo prolific. There's always something fun going on here! And now you've gone and made *my* day. Thank you SO very much, my friend, for sharing the love!!

And finally--that Suzy's Zoo card is a fun trip down memory lane! I remember Suzy's Zoo from waaaaaaaaay back. I think I even did some Suzy's Zoo cross-stitch back in the early 90s(?)!!

So glad your computer is home again!!! Have fun getting caught up ;).

CinnamonSally said...

I Jessi and congrats on receiving this award, you certainly deserve this as you always have loads of inspiration on your blog. Thanks so much for choosing me as one of the recipients and I am blushing at your sweet comments!!
I have this award at the bottom of my blog but will be linking it back to you as well!! Also I am feeling guilty at not letting you know I received your lovely card, you know how it is, life sometimes takes over and it must have slipped my mind.

Hope you have a fun week
Hugs Sally

Jenny said...

Congrats on the award Jessi and passing on some great links too.
Great card...funny that James looks rather like that duck when he goes near a paintbrush!!! Fun times:0)
Jenny x

Jen W. said...

Awww! I'm blushin'! Thanks, dude! And, yes, you are hysterical.

As for the card I had a zillion Suzy's Zoo stickers as a kid - didn't even know they still existed!

Unknown said...

Jessi!!! thank you so much!!! i'm sorry to have taken so long to come over and properly thank you, but there is happy mail on the way to you...can't wait to meet you sometime...sooner than later! I'm off to name my five bloggers :) hugs from NB :)