Friday, April 13, 2012

Playing in Paradise #62

Friday morning, and I've got a card to share for this week's Playing in Paradise challenge! This week we're being challenged by Allison, sketch queen, and here's her sketch:

PPC #62

I played around with some scrap cardstock & my trusty circle punches to figure out the easiest way to make those rings - that was definitely the element of the sketch that I was most drawn to! In the end, what I found easiest was to put double-sided tape (paper left on!) on the backside of the paper, punch the SMALLER circle, and then centre the hole in the larger punch. It was easy-peasy to peel the paper backing off of the thin rings afterwards...well, as easy as it ever is to peel that stuff off. (Note to self, stop biting fingernails. That would help!) Here's my card:

Supplies: all papers (and brads) from Basic Grey "Out of Print;"
circle punches from EK Success;
sentiment from Hero Arts;
Peeled Paint distress ink; Palette Noir ink;
flower stamp from Stampin' Up;
standard circle small Nesties
If you like, I can take some photos of the circle process - I had actually meant to do that, and then forgot when I did the actual pieces for the card! Just let me know :)
Don't forget to go & see what the rest of the team has dreamed up:
Allison at Stampin' When I Can
Merlie at Cherish my Fetish
Angela at Angela Fehr Creativity Central
Nina at Notes by Nina
All the details & the linky tool for this challenge can be found over at Scrapbooker's Paradise Ponderings, and you have until next Thursday, April 19 at noon to play along for a great prize. Go check it out :)

xoxo,
Jessi




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card love the circles!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love the circles as well, Jessi! And that flower is so pretty, will be looking for that on the fair this weekend! :-D
Pretty card!
Hugs, Wendy

walchowDesign said...

Love all the circles and your colour choice is so refreshing, Jessi!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Angela Fehr said...

This is so springy and fun! I like how you did the rings and the colour combo of green and pink!

Theresa said...

Jessi - this is so awesome. I totally love all the circles. Awesome flower!!

Emily Leiphart said...

So beautiful, Jessi! You use those papers so well. I should send you mine. ;)

Annette Allen said...

so cute...I love all these circles and that flower is awesome...love this card.

~Tammy~ said...

Dont' you hate that you mean to take some step by step pics and forget. Great card!!! Love the circles!!!! so cute and fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Super take on the sketch! Those circles are so fab!

*Alison* said...

the circles are so fun.. I like the pick of pp too..
HUGS
Alison
-owner of the Alley Way Stamps
www.thealleywaystamps.com

Lisa Arana said...

the circles are super! I love the colors too makes for one happy card.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WONDERFUL design! (first I thought it was an entry for Lily Pad cards - did you see we have a challenge for exactly those colors!!!)
Have a nice Sunday, hugs Karin

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love the happy spring colours.

JJ Bolton said...

What a cool design! Love that multilayer flower:)

And I love the new look of your blog too! Can you tell that I've been in catch up mode this week? I've been desperately catching up at home and work, so now I can finally get back to the cardmaking. Hope you're doing well!

Jen W. said...

Dude, this rocks!! I love those rings and those papers are awesome! You killed this sketch!

Jen W. said...

And meant to say I'm with you on the fingernail thing. It's really sad when I have to get Luis to use his nails for stuff like that!