Friday, August 24, 2012

Playing in Paradise #81 - Christmas

Good morning & happy Friday! It's my turn as hostess this week over at Playing in Paradise, and I'm challenging everyone to get some holiday cards made up.
SBP PPC # 81
I took the opportunity to get some Christmas cards started, which was a super challenge for me, because my Christmas supplies are still lost in the basement wasteland. I have a couple of paper pads and some embellishments upstairs - but no stamps. Yikes! My Halloween supplies are similarly unavailable, so I decided to see if I could whip up a bunch of Christmas cards in say, an hour, with those limited supplies. Success! The pressure of crafting in bulk - and usually on deadline - happens to me every year during the holidays, so I shared a couple of my trusted tips over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.

Here's the set of 6 that I made, and then individual photos of each card. Each card uses papers from October Afternoon, and additional supplies are listed beneath each card.


Supplies: washi tape from We R Memory Keepers;
letter stickers from October Afternoon

Supplies: red & black rhinestones

Supplies: red rhinestone;
Divine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

Supplies: wire candy canes & button from stash

Supplies: wire candy canes & button from stash;
Sizzix label die

Supplies: buttons from stash;
threaded with bamboo crochet thread & glued down
(adhered the paper with foam tape before deciding to
add the buttons - had to get creative!)
Head on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog for all the details - and don't forget to link up your own holiday card/project! It doesn't have to be Christmas, it can be any holiday, and use any products.
We'd love to have you play along!

xoxo,
Jessi


15 comments:

kingstonmama said...

Oh, good for you getting Christmas cards done. I've been terrible about that this year. These are all great. Love the papers you've used. Ann

Dawn said...

Wow! All these in less than one hour! Very impressive. A beautiful line of papers. I love how you've used the rhinestones on the snowman - that has to be my favourite.

Hugs, Dawn

lostinpaper said...

Well done you for starting on your Christmas cards (especially without your stash... you know that you will eventually have to go down there and get it don't you?) FAB papers and more fun designs, you always inspire me!

Marie said...

Wow you go girl! It would take me an hour just to pick out paper. Fantastic array of Christmas cards. Love each and every one. Guess I better get busy!

Debbie said...

These are all great!!! I love the vintage look of the DP!! Fun cards!!

Unknown said...

These are all awesome Jessi. Gosh you can crank out some great designs...all different and all so pretty!

Lindsey said...

Somehow, that prompt is just so you! :D Great set of cards, and way to jumpstart your Christmas stash!

walchowDesign said...

Impressive job that you did all this within an hour, Jessi! Beautiful set of Christmas cards!

fairyrocks said...

This challenge makes me smile. And to think I was always looking for 'Elvis' on vacation.
Your card making always amazes me. One day, she keeps saying...I will try the cards.
Keep smiling and creating

Dana said...

Awesome cards!!! Yay for Christmas!!! I need to try this, just pull out a few things and make some Christmas cards with limited supplies!!

yyam said...

Wow! You are on a roll! These are fabulous!

Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

Merlie said...

Wow! You are one crafty mama... awesome cards, Jessi!

~Tammy~ said...

These are all gorgeous! I love love this OA collection! Of course you know I love the button card! Wow girl! You just rock getting things crossed off your list!

Cheryl said...

Wow! You're like a card making machine! :) Love the vintage theme you've got going.

Notes by Nina said...

Wow Jessi, look at all those fabulous cards. I love the October Afternoon pad, I have to remind myself not to hoard is :)