Thursday, November 15, 2012

100 Shades of Grey...and a winner!

Tomorrow brings the first Midnight Madness of the 2012 season over in Sackville, which means that I am frantically creating and freaking out a little. So not much chit-chat! Without further ado, let me tell you that the winner of my birthday/Moxie Fab blog candy is....


You should definitely pay her a visit over at her blog, Soul Stampin' - she's a super fun, crafty, crazy lady :) 

***

The other week I was the lucky winner of the 'secret' challenge at Drunken Stampers, and although I made a card for last week's Asian Inspired challenge, I spaced on posting it. Tsk, tsk! I was DETERMINED not to miss this week, and I ended up making two cards featuring Shades of Grey. I even gave myself an extra push to make them Christmas cards!

Supplies: papers from Cosmo Cricket;
EAD Designs rub-on;
standard circle Nesties;
Sakura Stardust glitter pen;
snowflake quilled by me

Supplies: paper from Memory Box;
Bazill cardstock;
Memento Grey Flannel ink;
EAD Designs rub-on;
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Pearl;
Stampin' Up trees
And just for fun, here's my Asian Inspired card from last week:
Supplies: paper from Basic Grey "konnichiwa;"
Barn Door distress ink;
square punch to notch banner ends;
sentiment from PTI
Drunken Stampers' 50 Shades of Grey challenge ends Friday night!
Be right back with some Moxie Fab challenges.
xoxo,
Jessi



14 comments:

JJ Bolton said...

Super cards today Jessi! Out of them all, I have to say that the peace, love, and joy card is REALLY jumping out at me! Every element works together down to the perfect sentiment! The glimmer mist is beautiful!

Leslie Hanna said...

Nice. And don't you hate it when you space and don't post? Or space and forget to even make the card (that would be me.) *ahem*

I will do quilling ... I will do quilling ...

Lindsey said...

Shades of grey, yuck yuck yuck. Your Christmas grey cards are beautiful. Love the 'unchallenged' card, too!

lostinpaper said...

Love those shades of grey... especially the Asian inspired one (wink)!

Barbara Godden said...

Great job on your grey Christmas cards, they are both lovely, I too planned on an Asian card as it is one of my favourite types but I too procrastinated too long and ran out of time. Your Asian themed card was also beautiful Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers for the 50 Shades of grey challenge.

Suzanne Bier said...

All three of your cards are simply lovely! Thanks for joining our 50 Shades of Grey challenge at Drunken Stampers!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful take on the shades of grey challenge, Jessi! you know how much I admire your quiling!

~amy~ said...

woot woot for Nance:)

Awesome cards....they're gorgeous! happy friday!

~Tammy~ said...

You are on FIRE! Holy cow! My computer is going to crash if I upload another project! I have so many things I need to make, and I can't get in there to finish! You can't even walk in my room right now.

Out of the mouth of babes...You expect me to keep my room clean and yours looks like this....ha!

Oh, BTW Your first card above the quilling one...I expect in my mailbox! :-) Hugs!

Donna said...

Beautiful cards!!!
Glad you posted the Asian inspired one for the last challenge as well :)
Thanks for playing along with us for the Fifty Shades of Grey at Drunken Stampers this week!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Quilling, misting, stamping, beautiful patterned paper...you've nailed it! I'm going to have to ask you which mists to buy...you have a good stash! ;)

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool cards! Thanks for participating in our DRUNKEN STAMPERS challenge!!
~DEANNE~

Nance said...

So I did leave a comment here, honestly but somehow it didn't post.

Lovely cards for 50 shades of grey! I got my inspiration to do a Xmas card from yours.

Thank you so much for picking me as your winner! I so love getting crafty goodies in the mail! And thanks for the compliments and plug too!

Jen W. said...

Your quilled snowflake is awesome and I love how the flowers in the background mimic it. The second card is super glittery yumminess and I always like when you use those tree images. The third one is so crisp and the perfect way to use a piece of paper that gorgeous.

So how did the first Midnight Madness go?