Sunday, November 4, 2012

(CAS)E This Sketch! times two

I really love this sketch by Lisa - I ended up making 2 cards inspired by it, and I can see myself making even more. Next I want to play with snowflakes like she did :) The (CAS)E This Sketch #4 linky will be open until Tuesday if you want to play along too. Here's the sketch:

My first card is extremely close to the sketch:
Supplies: monstah from Paper Smooches- coloured by Barbles;
rub-on from EAD Designs;
scrap cardstock; 3 polka-dot Cuttlebug embossing folders;
circle punches



Mr. Monstah is popped up on foam pads, and of course he needed googly eyes!

My second card is definitely inspired by the sketch, but I changed the sentiment around & added some more bits & bobs, so I'm not sure if it still counts as CAS....but I totally heart it & the sketch made it happen. 
Supplies: papers unknown;
chipboard from Fancy Pants & sentiment from PTI - from Barbles :)
Fired Brick distress ink;
yellow washi from We R Memory Keepers;
square punch for notched ends
We had a great anniversary, a lovely supper at the Saltscapes restaurant in Truro, and an early night. We're getting pretty old...and dinner out last night at a friend's taught me exactly how much wine is too much. It's a good thing to know, but having Connor watching Jumanji with its infernal DRUMS is killing me today ;) 
xoxo,
Jessi



20 comments:

Unknown said...

These are both awesome Jess! The first is too cute with the googly eyes lol
The second is my fave and is still very CAS! Love the yellow washi...your banners are perfect!

~amy~ said...

:) sound like you had a good time...way to rock the sketchx2!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Both cards are awesome and so different from each other. The first one has CUTENESS all over it and the second is very PRETTY! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Lindsey said...

I'm with Barb -- the second is definitely CAS... and so pretty! The first one -- too much fun! Love that distressed sentiment rub-on, and of course your googly-eyed monster. :) Hope Jumanji is done playing by now, but perhaps your head still feels the drumbeats? ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous cards, Jessi! I love the spots on the monster. LOL And those circles with the hearts are fantastic. I spot woodgrain washi tape, too!

Melissa Craig said...

The cards are really adorable. Sorry about the uh... drums. Happy Anniversary.

jimlynn said...

Jessi, I LOVE THESE!!! Both are fabulous!
Lynn

CarlaKH said...

hehehe.. love the googly eyes...the sentiment just made me laugh. and the second,- great CAS! Great cards!

kingstonmama said...

Love both. ADORE the second one. Fabulous take on that sketch! :) ann

Kim S said...

I LOVE the way the little monster stands out on the embossed circles! And the second card feels CAS to me! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the sketch and Mr. Monstah is too cute! Love how you added the polka dots on him too!

Glad you had a great dinner!

Annette Allen said...

both of these are awesome..i love that little monster with the google eyes..hehe totally makes me smile..

JJ Bolton said...

Both of these are wonderful for totally different reasons:) I love the first one because that monster with the underbite is one of my most favorite PS stamps! He has so much personality (and he looks a lot like one of my coworkers, lol).

And your 2nd card is so uplifting! The colors, the sentiment, just everything! Just makes you smile:)

Lisa Arana said...

Look at you SKETCH ROCKSTAR! Both are so awesome. Love that monster and the sweet hearts of the second one. Thanks for playing with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Beate said...

Both of your cards for the sketch look wonderful. The monster of the first one made me smile.

Congratulations on being the featured stamper on Moxie Fab World today.

Hugs and smiles

lostinpaper said...

You go GF! Both cards are gorgeous, totally lovin' the spotty monster!
Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

SmilynStef said...

That monsta just cracks me up ... looks like he would eat the entire cake himself.

SmilynStef said...

That monsta just cracks me up ... looks like he would eat the entire cake himself.

SmilynStef said...

That monsta just cracks me up ... looks like he would eat the entire cake himself.

Emily Keaton said...

These are so fun, Jessi! Love the different ways of interpreting the sketch here. Oh, yes, I'd say both of these are CAS!!!!