Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crafty Creations Challenges - No Flowers? No problem!

Yep, no flowers. Totally not a problem while I'm in the middle of my Christmas card spree! Lindsey has been cracking me up with her disgruntled penguin cards, and so when I found this sentiment & saw this penguin, I knew exactly what I had to do.
Supplies: Penguin sticker from MAMBI;
sentiment from PTI;
Versamark & white EP;
paper from Bo Bunny "Mistletoe;"
Paper Smooches twine;
bell from stash;
lights from Dress it Up

This is a self-portrait of me after decorating. 
I am a bit of a klutz (Mom, Sarah, stop laughing.) I have been known to climb on kids' furniture to string lights....or use it as a launching pad while I fall over backwards trying to hang lights. Falling up stairs, NO WORD OF A LIE falling off the sidewalk and tearing a ligament...I feel for this little penguin. I have been where he is, and just lucky enough that no one took a photo.

SO, if you want to join in with the No Flowers challenge over at Crafty Creations Challenges, you have until tonight. Hurry up!

xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! You sound just like my Mom...she's suffered many of the same motion-related injuries. Nearly killed herself falling UPstairs, hyperextended her knee (her foot came towards her face) falling on a concrete step, the woman needs a team of construction sign people following (slippery when wet, falling ice, moose crossing...you name it, she needs it) her everywhere she goes...she's THAT dangerous to herself. But, I love this card. he's a cutie all tangled up in his lights! love the accents most. perfect touch :)

~amy~ said...

Oh I'm a total klutz...and I'm lazy so if I can't reach something I'll do anything to NOT have to get the ladder out....

Such a fun card...love all the holidays lights and that lil guy is too cute.

You're having a busy day today!

Lindsey said...

Most awesome penguin sticker!!! Not to mention awesome patterned paper to go with him. And thanks for the mention. :)

Nance said...

Ok, as far as stringing lights on the tree-- 2 words: prelit tree! Other places --- make that a new chore for your boys, especially once they hit that growth spurt! LOL This is a really cute card. So colorful and fun.

~Tammy~ said...

You crack me up!!!!!! Duh you already knew that!

Where or where did you get those adorable christmas bulb embellishments! So Ca-UTE!

Your little penguin looks like me and therefore I will only buy things that lights already on them. :-)

lostinpaper said...

Total FUN Jessi!

Jen W. said...

I think you'd look good wrapped in Christmas lights. And I bet it would bring a crowd to your Midnight Madness table! :D