Monday, November 5, 2012

DYSU #96 - Brads Challenge


Brads aren't nearly the go-to item that they used to be, but of course I still have them in virtually every colour! I do love them for a little bit of 'something' that doesn't add too much weight to a card. Here they're edging the banner the monkey is resting on. I even dug down in my stash for my oldest brads, from Making Memories!


Supplies: papers from Kaisercraft;
brads from Making Memories;
Pebbles monkey sticker;
Doodlebug birthday sticker;
red foam Thickers, American Crafts
The linky for DYSU's brad challenge is open until Tuesday if you want to play too!
xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

stinkin' adorable...love the colors and dude, I need to get some googlie eyes.

walchowDesign said...

totally adorable card, Jessi! Love the big name with the number and of course the little dude!

Locavore Family said...

I can attest that this card is as cute as my birthday boy. My thanks, Jessi for helping make Samuel's first birthday so special. :)

WencheP said...

Oh - this is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

JJ Bolton said...

I love monkey cards! The brads are the perfect colorful touch!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a sweet monkey, perfect for a childs birthday!

Lindsey said...

Cute! The colourful brads are a perfect match to this fun card.

Unknown said...

perfect card for a little monkey! LOVE that green paired with red and yellow...perfect card Jess! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

lostinpaper said...

I always find that when I try to add brads I just take them away again, but I also have them in most colours... go figure, I really do like the look of them obviously. Your card is fantastic, and the brads are perfect!

Emily Keaton said...

This is adorable! I couldn't resist playing along with the brads challenge at DYSU, either. :)

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Very very cute birthday boy card!!Loved the use of brads.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Archana

~Tammy~ said...

Dude, I have them in every color, every theme...it's insane!

This is so cute and that little monkey is adorable!

Leslie Hanna said...

I have some sock monkey brads that might work here. Or not. :/