Sunday, November 25, 2012

DYSU #99 - Numbers! and the new hair :)

Of course I'm pretty mired in Christmas cards at the moment - but my friend's daughter turned 11 on Friday, and she asked me to make her a personalized card. No problem!


Supplies: papers from 12" and 6" Basic Grey "paper cottage;" spots embossing folder; Studio G stamp; coloured with Prismacolor pencils; foam thickers; standard small circle Nesties

Freya loves animals of all kinds, so a punny kitty card is perfect for her. 

This card is perfect not only for Freya, but also for this week's DYSU challenge to use numbers!


More crafty news before the hair - Scrapbooker's Paradise has a design team call open right now. It's the first team that I joined, and I love the sheer variety of challenges we play with. Check it out! I'd love to play with you :)

And now the hair - I'll have to share a before & after picture, because my profile picture is from last spring. There've been a few changes since then!
Here's a photo of me with my mom in September - very blonde!





And there's the new do - and my retro kitchen (although is it retro if it's actually vintage - as in, still that colour because it's been there so long it's BECOME retro? All we need are harvest gold appliances!)
With the flash it doesn't look too much darker than my natural colour, but it is. Leaving some of the blonde in with conditioned foils is what took 2 hours, but I love it!

xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

kingstonmama said...

Adorable little birthday card. Perfect for an 11-year old girl. Your hair looks beautiful! ann

Dawn said...

Very cute card! I have a soft spot for all felines.

Love the hair colour too; it brings a warm rosy glow to your cheeks and goes very well with your glasses. Great choice.

Hugs, Dawn

Debbie said...

What a fun card for Freya!! She'll love it!
Your hair is beautiful!!!

JJ Bolton said...

Super cute card! Kids love personalized anything, don't they?

And the hair color is gorgeous! So rich and shiny:)

Annette Allen said...

aww your hair looks amazing in both colors..such cute photos..

That little 11 year old is going to love this...so cute..

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card & new do too!!!

lostinpaper said...

Lovin' the new 'do', it's sooo chic! I'm trying to grow my hair again, but am not actually sure how long this will last... ps Great card too, I'll bet she loved it!

~amy~ said...

Love the fun card and your hair {and you} rock:)

Pauline said...

Fab card, thats also my daughter's name!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

walchowDesign said...

Adorable personalised card!

So fun to see the before and after your make-over, Jessi!

yyam said...

Such a sweet card! Love the pretty colours!

Love the streaks of blond...nice!

~Tammy~ said...

One HOT MAMA!!! You look gorgeous Blond or Brunette! Your Mom or your sister???

Your card is adorable! I know your friend's daughter just loved it. Especially since you made something special to her interest! So sweet! Love the papers too!

Nance said...

Adorable card. Are those sticker letters or ones cut from that foamy stuff? I was going to make a card for this challenge but just couldn't come up with anything.

Love the hair! Not that the blonde look isn't good too, but I love the darker with highlights! Similar to mine --- I have a base color of ginger brown with praline highlights. And, btw, you and your mom look more like sisters!

I'm also thinking about applying for the DT at Paradise Challenge. Guess I need to play in it this week too! LOL

Angela said...

Love the petite patterns in this card...they are so fun together...of course, I love the cat too!

Your hair looks lovely! Cute picture of you and your Mom!!!

lauren bergold said...

love the card and soooooooooo totally ♥LOVE♥ the hair!!!!!!!! (& yeah, layers of color take AGES but are sooooo totally worth it in terms of results and natural-looking-ness (which IS TOO a word!) and also... not that you need to know this, obviously, oh youthful one, but the more colors one has, the less GREY (should there be any, which of course there isn't) will show!!! ;) hubba, hubba, missus!!! ♥

Jen W. said...

Loving the highlights! A gorgeous, warm colour!

And that card is super cute. Love the smug looking kitty.