Sunday, November 11, 2012

Journaling Cards Challenge at Moxie Fab

I meant to be back before now, but GOOD LORD my kids are driving me crazy on the computer! Finally after 2 solid days of trying not to be a grump & kick them off I gave in. The pouting continues. (For the record, their use was not solid...it was more like every time I decided I would use the computer, they beat me to it by 10 seconds. Seriously, this last time I thought I would pee first, and when I came out, too bad, so sad.)

ANYWAY.

The Papercrafting Tips & Tricks week has so many fun challenges that I love - and I keep making cards for them & promptly not linking them up right away because they're open until the 19th of November. Prepare for a barrage of blogs from moi. This edition is the Journaling Cards entries I've made so far...
Supplies: stickers from Echo Park "For the Record;"
sentiment from Kaisercraft;
Palette Noir ink
Besides layering the journaling sticker tags in the "For the Record" collection, I added some of the icon stickers, and laid them off the edge of the card for added interest. This has the added bonus of giving you extra pieces to use elsewhere on the card for a more unified look (for example, the corner pieces at top & bottom were the 'leftover' piece trimmed from one of the centre elements.). The little black & white dots are the negative pieces left from a scalloped trim sticker on the same sheet.


Supplies: chipboard journal sticker from Fancy Pants;
rub-on sentiment from EAD Designs;
Tiger Lily Shimmer Spray, Tattered Angels;
Black Marble Dylusions ink spray


I just love how this card turned out - my first time using the Dylusions spray, and it's very opague & splotchy, just the way I wanted it. 

Supplies: all papers/stickers from My Mind's Eye;
sentiments from PTI;
Momento Grey Flannel ink;
Tumbled Glass distress ink
Another instance of layering. The base paper is from the journaling tag/mat pad, and the coordinating sticker sheet has journaling stickers as well as sentiments & icons. I've layered a sentiment on foam tape over a journaling sticker at the top left, and several stars over the printed cluster at the bottom right.

Supplies: paper & journaling tag from My Mind's Eye;
little drummer girl clip from K&Co;
Sentiment from PTI;
Grey Flannel Momento ink
More layering. I love the vintage feel of this new My Mind's Eye Christmas pad, and the K & Co vintage clip art was perfect to go with. And just a little bit of sparkle!

There's a week left to play in the 5 challenges for Paper Crafts Tips & Tricks week - go check them out :)
xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

Lindsey said...

(Never decide to pee first if the computer's free! Sheesh. :D)
Wow, nice job with the journaling challenge, these are terrific!

Annette Allen said...

wow what loveliness...

jimlynn said...

Jessi, ALL are fabulous!! Love these!

I guess you're just going to have to purchase more computers - OR - hold off on the peeing! LOL!

Lynn

Dana said...

Wow!!! Amazing cards!!! I esp love the second card!! The background goes sooo well with the journaling card!!

~amy~ said...

Love all of these...I heart journaling cards!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful cards, Jessi! Love the graphic look on the journal card and secondly your misted card is absolutely gorgeous! Love how it turned out!

Sorry to hear that you need to fight for the computer as well!

lostinpaper said...

Wonderful cards Jessi! My absolute fave is the first one, so so clever!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love these but the first one is AMAZING! Love every little detail on it!!! Good luck with the challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

Isn't that always the case!!! I don't have "yet" a child hogging the computer but an adult. We just fixed that problem a couple of months ago and we saved our pennies and he got his own!

What lovely layering and beautiful creations you have to share today! I have not got crafty or inky in days! {enter sad face} Not looking good for the next few. Yay me..I have a meeting at the school this week followed by two Dr's appt. One day the car goes in...the list goes on....Ugg.

Unknown said...

Well hello Mrs Craftpants! These are ALL gorgeous Jess! Jeez...I love every single one. Gorgeous work my friend!

Allison Rankin said...

A beautiful bunch of creations with that mixed media vibe. I think that first one if my fav but you also did lots of fun work with the spray ink, the lined paper and vintage elements.

Emily Keaton said...

So much variety here, Jessi! I have a ton of journaling tags etc. and I really need to get better at using them. THanks for the super inspiration!

Lyndal said...

All gorgeous cards Jessi - my fav is the first one - just perfect! I just keep thinking about making cards for these challenges rather than making them LOL!

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous! Love the one you've sprayed. ann

Nance said...

Ok, Jessi, first, Santa needs to bring you your own computer. I remember those days, especially when I was homeschooling both my boys --- 3 people and 1 computer! NOT fun.

Now, gorgeous cards again! I haven't quite decided if I will try this challenge. First I have to find my journaling cards/stickers.

Plus, if I enter not sure I can hold a candle next to these beautiful creations!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ack! These are awesome, Jessi! The misting one is my favorite--so funky. I love your For the Record, too. That is so fun and so chic. Okay, I love your Christmas cards, too. The patterned papers are fantastic. Fab mix!

Jen W. said...

These are all awesome but the first one is my new official favourite card of yours ever! Love all that funky layering and the off the edge look. So so cool!!

The second one is gorgeous too. The inked background compliments the journaling card perfectly. And your spray is awesome!! I just got some Mister Huey mists and I don't know if I'm just spray mist challenged or if it's the brand but I just end up with a big splat in the middle of my card...