Sunday, November 18, 2012

One more for Sewing in the Moxie Fab World

On Friday, in the midst of getting ready for my first craft sale of the season, I ended up deciding to stitch the accents on this card. I absolutely loved the final look, even though it wasn't fast to make.


Supplies: Memory Box papers; Penny Black sticker; EAD Designs rub-on (sentiment); embroidery floss in green & red; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; foam tape.

I pierced inside the grid design on the red patterned paper to make the cross-stitches, and the poinsettia sticker had a dotted border that I pierced for the green French knots. I've added a random-ish scatter of red French knots in the poinsettia centres, and afterwards wanted just a little something to help them stand out more...


I scribbled some random glitter with my Stardust pen, and then used my finger to smear it around for a more gentle (and even) shimmer. I love that the Stardust pen dries just slowly enough to allow for that! 

Now that I haven't done anything other than craft or sleep for a few days, my house has been taken over by laundry and dishes. My Google Reader is up into the hundreds, so I'll be whittling that down in between loads of dishes & laundry. We had our new dishwasher die (temporarily!) this week. It's only 4 months old, and suddenly it stopped draining. It is a portable dishwasher, one that you move over to the sink & manually connect to the tap. You know what the culprit was? Not using hot enough water, coupled with the pre-packaged dishwasher pellets. The combination clogged up the drain hose. It took about 5 minutes for the repairman to find & fix the problem, and I can't tell you how glad I was that the machine is still under warranty and at least we didn't have to pay to feel foolish ;) 

Seriously, just looking into the kitchen right now is giving me angina. There are dishes (and dirty cans?) all over the counter where I normally put the clean handwashed dishes...having to clean up before you clean up? Not right :(

I'll be back when I've dug out from under the mess!
xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome card...love the stitching and all those french knots...you're amazing.

cleaning up before cleaning up....I know how you feel...it stinks.

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous cards Jessi, love your french knots. The dishes can wait, thats the fun thing about crafting you just forget everything and get lost in creating!

JJ Bolton said...

Gorgeous! Love that you used the french knots and stitching!

Thank goodness the DW is covered, whew! The joys of home ownership right?

jimlynn said...

FAB-U-LOUS!! Love the stitching on here and the beautiful poinsettias! So lovely!
Glad you're back in business with that dish washer too! LOL!
Lynn

CarlaKH said...

beautiful! love the colors!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the stitching!
Dirty dishes? That's why I had 3 girls! LOL

Dana said...

wow!! Awesome card!! I love the french knots! Great idea!!

Melissa Craig said...

I love all the patterns! Gorgeous!

Nance said...

Beautiful card. I love that stitching too and knots. I need to do more stitching on cards. Not typically my thing. Cool pen too!

You aren't the only one to do a foolish thing. Mine is the washing machine! Last 2 times we've had a problem it's been a really easy simple thing once the washer man was here! Don't you hate that?

So, I thought I posted a comment on your 50 shades card, but it didn't get posted. Been having technical difficulties with posting comments on blogs.

Jen W. said...

I was totally trying to make a French knot today and failed epically! LOL! Yours rock though. The added stitching was totally worth the time - it looks awesome! Nightmare on the dishwasher but glad it was an easy fix. We had to replace Luis' scooter last week. Big ouch. Put a serious dent in the budget...

lostinpaper said...

Oh, life without a dishwasher... I don't want to think about it, thank goodness it wasn't a major problem. Great card... I haven't done french knots for ages!

Lindsey said...

This card is gorgeous, Jessi! Love that centre panel. Glad you gave us a close-up pic to show off all the texture and shimmer.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card, the hand stitching looks fab and really finishes it off. Best of luck digging yourself out of your kitchen :) Mine looks about the same :(

Hugs, Dawn

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card! Love the frames of french knots!

sorry to hear about your kitchen and good luck with it!