Friday, November 16, 2012

Playing in Paradise #93 - CASE Yourself!


Angela is our hostess this week at Playing in Paradise, and she has got a brilliant challenge idea for us - especially for the time-crunch of holiday projects:
How better to maximize your creativity than by referring to your previous projects? You've still got the same core supplies you used the first time around, but maybe you've learned a new technique. Or maybe you've got a favourite layout. Maybe you love the card, but need it for a different occasion. However you go about it, make sure you inspire yourself! (And hey, don't forget to show us your inspiration piece too - that's part of the fun!)

My inspiration card is from last year, one of my earlier Christmas cards of the season.
original post is here
and I've used a lot of the same supplies, but put a current twist on my style:
Supplies: papers from Cosmo Cricket;
Stampendous stamp - Fluffles!;
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen;
Distress Marker - Picket Fence;
Standard small oval Nesties;
coloured with Prismacolor pencils;
paper piercer, mat, needle & thread. 

You know me & my buttons!

I picked up the Distress Marker a few months ago - just the one - to give it a try. I really love the effect, but it's taken some practice to use it well. The white ink takes a moment to appear, so my first bunch of attempts involved me scribbling like crazy & wondering what was going on :)

So many fun projects from the design team this week - AND! - we are joined by the incomparable Emily Keaton this week as our Guest Designer! Make sure you visit everyone & check out what they CASEd :)



This challenge will be open until next Thursday, November 22, with a FABULOUS prize up for grabs just in time for Christmas crafting! But of course, you can't win if you don't play :)
xoxo,
Jessi



18 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Super cute take on your original card Jessi! Isn't that stamp the sweetest!

yyam said...

Ooooh...so cute! I love your frame of buttons! :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

These are ADORABLE! :)

~Tammy~ said...

I case myself all the time. Especially if I need something quick! What a great challenge, and you know I love all those buttons! This is adorable!!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is DELIGHTFUL, Jessi! I just love that button frame. Thanks for letting me play along with you and the rest of the DT this week!

Debbie said...

These are both really cute!! Love the buttons! :)

fairyrocks said...

And it is MORE!! Terrific take on this challenge. I call my button fascination, 'My Magpie Eye'
Saw a fantastic idea where someone did an entire globe in buttons.
So many wonderful ideas...sigh so little time.

Notes by Nina said...

Button heaven :). Great card Jessi, this is a fabulous image and I love the purple.

Annette Allen said...

hehe that little cat is too cute.. Love how you added the button border...so cute..

Dawn said...

Sooooooo cute! The buttons make a beautiful frame.

Hugs, Dawn

jimlynn said...

Jessi, this is so precious. Love all the buttons on this!
Lynn

Allison Rankin said...

Love both esp. in purple! I can't believe you stitched the insides of all those buttons!

Lindsey said...

I don't think I've ever seen that particular Fluffles -- love him! Especially in his cozy purple sweater. great choice to stamp him right on the patterned paper too.

Jocelyn Olson said...

He is super cute! The sweater is adorable. I love seeing you CASE yourself. I like both versions, but it's great to see the same stamp and basic colors in a really different look.

JJ Bolton said...

So cute! I totally love that you don't hoard your buttons:)

I'm intrigued by Distress Markers, but they just confuse me, lol!

Melissa Craig said...

So adorable! I just love the buttons.

Nance said...

Great idea using those buttons as a border frame. I have to admit I can't decide which card I like better. I like them both! I have yet to obtain a distress marker. I think it would distress me trying to use it! LOL!

Jen W. said...

Yay for the return of Fluffles! :) He looks fabulous in his button ring and I'm with JJ - love that you don't hoard them!