Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Shopping our Stash #78 - I'm Leafing it Up to You!


For this week's challenge at Shopping our Stash, we want you to dig into your stash & find a leaf (or many leaves!) and use them on your project. Leaf images are fine too - trees, leaves, punches, die-cuts, Prima-type....hopefully you get the idea! 


Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Oxford;" square punch for notching banner end; leaves from Prima; birthday sentiment from EAD Designs; ribbon salvaged from product wrapping. 


It's a crazy sort of non-bow in there...you may remember the funky frayed bow I made out of thread on this card? 
This is the ribbon that was left over. It made a bow, but one that was way too small for this card. But the colours were such a good match...{insert crafty whine}...so I fiddled and played and glued and cursed until I got it looped & fluffed in a way I liked. 

This leafy Shopping our Stash challenge will be open until next Monday night, November 26 - and don't forget to check out all my awesome teammates:



xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome work! love the clustered leaves!

~Tammy~ said...

I have lots of leaves in my stash, on my deck, in my yard....uggg

Love your card! You rocked it!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Jessi!

Debbie said...

I love this card!! The distressed DP with the bright pop of the leaves is awesome!
No need to whine... your 'bow' is great!!

jimlynn said...

Jessi, this is so pretty! LOVE that ribbon/bow and the leaves are beautiful! Gorgeous card.
Lynn

lostinpaper said...

Such a rich card! Great colours and the ribbon is perfect!

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous card- love the "non bow" too!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Jessi - lol too funny :) love your "fluffed" bow :) looks great! And those DP are great too!
Blessings,
Michelle

Lindsey said...

No whining... it's an excellent bow!

Angela said...

Awesome card, Jessi! Love how you have done the leaves/bow!

yyam said...

Such a sweet card. I love the textue on your non-bow! ;)

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful cards with rich colours! Love the cluster of leaves!

Melissa Craig said...

What great masculine cards! The peacock feather is pretty and I love those leaves.

lauren bergold said...

this is just BEYOND gorgeous, missus, a brilliant use of that ribbon and HOW CLEVER to use a square punch for notching banners!!! you are just tooooooooooo smart, i can learn much from you!! ♥♥♥