Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Shopping our Stash #79 - Odds and Ends

***For my Tuesday Morning Sketches post, please scroll down or click here. Thank you!***

This week's challenge at Shopping our Stash is really aimed at purging some of those little bits from your stash - you know, that package with only one sticker left? A single brad from that collection you loved? Those kinds of things! Here's what we want you to do:

use two different types of embellishments (odds and ends in your stash- the lone white pearl and a scrap of ribbon for example,  or two red buttons and one green pearl, or scrap of twine and a button, or the leftover brad from the package with a sticker) any amount/combo is fine as long as two different types are included.


Supplies: paper from Bo Bunny; die-cut butterfly from K&Co; sentiment from Papertrey Ink; Peacock Feathers distress ink; pearl cluster strips from Dollarama

I've been hoarding the last of these die-cut butterflies forever. Obviously it was waiting for this project! And the pearl strips come in a package of 2, each about 6 inches long. I had two end snippets left in a package - you know how it is, you can't toss them but you can't figure out how to use them either? I think this works :)

This odd (and end, lol) Shopping our Stash challenge will be open until next Monday night, December 3rd (holy moly!)  - and don't forget to check out all my awesome teammates:




Off to do more panicked Christmas crafting!
xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

My whole craft room is odd and ends of this and that. Right now it looks like a tornado came in and left. my husband shakes his head and says how do you have room to work, and how on earth do you find anything....

I love this beauty! Those butterflies are so pretty and those pearls well they always make me giddy! Your card is so soft and soothing which will bring comfort to someone!

~amy~ said...

ooohhh...perfect....love the butterfly theme and the pearls are a wonderful touch!

walchowDesign said...

Like Tammy's room, mine is equally messy.

Lovely card with the huge butterfly and the mini one and those embellishments are beautifully placed!

Annette Allen said...

I am always Hoarding stuff too...It is hard to use them sometimes... Hi my name is Annette and I am totally addicted to pretty frilly stuff..hehe

Your card is so beautiful...love the butterflies and the added pearls..

JJ Bolton said...

Wow, so beautiful! Love the ethereal look of this one! Great job putting together different types of embellies:) You're so good at shopping your stash!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Jessi - Your odds and ends came together beautifully!! I love those pearls, and putting them across the wing looks great. I would probably not do that, but you made it look amazing!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Dana said...

Whoa!! I love this card!! I love how you used both butterflies! And the pearls!!! Awesome idea!!!

CarlaKH said...

absolutely stunning...love the colors and of course the butterfly- this one is right up my alley!

Nance said...

Ooooo! Love! So pretty and girlie! Beautiful butterflies! Like Tammy said above, very soothing card.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So LOVELY! Such wonderful colors! LOVE it!
Hugs, Karin

Angela said...

Gorgeous, Jessi! So elegant!

lauren bergold said...

♥LOVE♥ the gorgeous butterflies, and YES, the pearl strip off-cuts TOTALLY work, in fact, i wasn't sure if they even WERE off-cuts, except for the fact of the challenge being what it is, lol!!

(context gives the game away YET AGAIN!!! i often know who the villain is in a crime drama if there's a BIG STAR who seemingly has quite a small part in the action... ahem... they are not paying THAT GUY to be an "extra" let's go look into his motive, k??!?!?!)

ps: did i mention i love your card and am feeling even more than usually distractable this morning?! ♥♥♥!

lostinpaper said...

So so pretty! I adore those butterflies!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous! I can see why you hoarded the butterfly and your use of the pearls is genius!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card with all your odds and ends!!! I love the pearl snippets!!