Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Shopping our Stash - Thank You!


Now here's a challenge I can get behind - this week at Shopping our Stash we want to see your cards for Thanksgiving or just a simple thank you - of course, digging into your stash! Now, I dug into not only my stash BUT my pal Barb's stash for this one :) This is not her thank-you card, but you can't see that one until she gets it!
Supplies: paper & canvas tag from Basic Grey "Origins;"
Rub-on sentiment from EAD Designs;
trim from Webster's Pages;
random matchy gems;
unknown kraft mat -
 and see, the tag, mat, trim, and rub-on are all from shopping Barb's stash!

You can just barely see - I stitched the folded trim to  the canvas tag
so that I could have it lay the way I wanted (lie? Recline?).
I love the slightly frayed edges of the canvas, and I purposely frayed just the ends of the GORGEOUS trim to go along with that.
Because I've used canvas, I'm also linking this card up with the Moxie Fab World's current "Canvas, Cork, and Burlap" challenge (which is open until November 19th, just like Shopping our Stash!).


This challenge will be open until next Monday night, November 19 - and don't forget to check out all my awesome teammates:


20 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome...love the canvas tag and of course, the sentiment!

lauren bergold said...

hey wait a second??! this is not SHOPPING SOMEONE ELSE'S STASH!!!! on second thought... i LOVE that idea, we should make a "spin off" blog just for that, lol!!! wheresoever these lovely stuffs came, you have used them for ♥A GEM♥ of a thank you card, and that is no mistake! loooooooooove this, missus!!!!! ♥♥♥

Beckie said...

Super cool. Love it.


Be blessed, Beckie
Stampin' Up Ind Demo
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

walchowDesign said...

Love the stamping on the canvas!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Such a pretty card! Love the sentiment you used, surely makes the receiver happy! The canvas tag is very pretty, gives the card a lovely soft touch! A beauty!
Hugs, Wendy

jimlynn said...

Love the stamping on canvas and this is just a stunning card! SO very pretty Jessi!
I enjoyed being on the DT at Shopping Our Stash with you but will never be far away as I love your blog so much!
Lynn

yyam said...

Sweet! I love the canvas tag!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous! Love that die cut and embossed panel and the canvas tag is beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Um, wow. :) That WP trim is amazing, and perfect for the rest of the card.

Annette Allen said...

pretty card..

Emily Keaton said...

OK, wrists are throbbing; can't comment on all the new posts, but trust me--I scrolled through all your new creations and loved them all to bits (esp your light-entangled penguin!) And yes, everybody *does* enjoy googly eyes!!

And if memory serves, I think should be blowing out some candles today ;). Hope your day was fantastic!!

Nance said...

Beautiful card. Lots of elements. Love the canvas.

~Tammy~ said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the stamped canvas tag along with that beautiful ribbon treatment! Wow! You go girl!

Hope your week has been going well!

fairyrocks said...

One day I am going to come and play with you and your mates. I do so need to shop my stash and get some things done. Love this concept. Love your little penguin card, and I always need a VENTI !!Keep smiling and creating.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so beautiful! LOVE your stamping and wonderful colors (you know how much I love kraft (-: ) ! Hugs, Karin

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! The almost 'plain' embossed label is so elegant!!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous Jessi! Love the added texture with the tag!

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Jessi! What a great card! Love the variety of textures and shades of green! That unusual ribbon is perfect with the 3 little gems to accent it in the exact same colors! Yet another lovely creation!
Sandie

Glimpses of My Heart said...

I'm with Lauren....Shopping Someone Else's Stash....COOL!!!! This is a great card and I LOVE that trim! You and Barb have a great stash.
Blessings,
Michelle

Jen W. said...

That canvas tag is so darn cute and that trim is positively sumptuous! (Is that really spelled right??) You're rockin' the Moxie Fab challenges. :)