Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches #174 - DRS Designs

Good morning! We have a great sponsor for this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch - DRS Designs!
DRS Designs
They've generously provided images of our choice to work with for this week's sketch - and with Christmas fast approaching I chose a sentiment & a COMPLETELY ADORABLE penguin stamp. One of the best things about DRS Designs is that you can choose different mounting options for their stamps. I've gone with unmounted rubber, and you can purchase EZ Mount through their store as well.


Supplies: papers from Kaisercraft; buttons from Dress it Up!; Palette Noir ink; Liquid Pearls; clear glitter glue; greeting stamp & image from DRS Designs 


Look at those cuties! I've used a smidge of Liquid Pearls & glitter glue on the igloo blocks and snowballs for a bit of snowy shine. 


The arched greeting was a perfect choice to complement the shape of the igloo - and so rather than a tag I've used some fun mitten buttons for that element in the sketch. 


This sketch will be open until Sunday, December 2. Don't forget to check out all the samples from the rest of the design team - 

See you in a bit with my Shopping our Stash post!
xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I love how you added the liquid pearls to the ice blocks and snow! What fantabulous touch! Such a cute image and I love the way you totally rocked this sketch girlfriend!

walchowDesign said...

Such a great idea to add the liquid pearls on the igloo, Jessi!

jimlynn said...

Jessi, this is adorable! Love the candy cane paper you added with this cute image!
Lynn

Debbie said...

Is this a pic of your house? Don't all Canadians live in igloos??? :)
This is really cute! I love the 'snow' and those mitten buttons!!

Laura said...

So cute! The liquid pearls give it a great icy effect!

JJ Bolton said...

Too dang cute! Great use of the liquid pearls! And those mitten buttons? I'm a sucker for anything mini:)

Dana said...

Oh my gosh!!! The penguins are sooo cute!! And the liquid pearl!!! Genius!!! I love it, its just the right amount of sparkle!!

Nance said...

Cute! Great use of the liquid pearls! Very crafty! I have to remember that. In fact, you just gave me some inspiration for a needed element on a card I'm working on! Woot! Woot! And, I have those same buttons in my stash! Great minds...!

Angela said...

Adorable, Jessi...love the touches of pearl and those little mittens are so perfect!

lauren bergold said...

that is indeed a completely adorable penguin stamp, but my favorite part of this is THOSE COOL MITTENS!!! brilliant for the design & PERFECT for the sketch!!! ♥

lostinpaper said...

So so sweet Jessi! Love the added shine to the igloo!

Jen W. said...

Love the Liquid Pearls on the igloo blocks and snowballs - totally gives it that glistening, snowy look. And the mittens are so cute!

Dawn said...

Such a fun card Jessi! Love the cute little penguins!

Cheryl said...

This is SO cute! That's a really sweet image, and the mitten buttons are perfect, not to mention over-the-top adorable.