Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches #172 - The Beary Scrap

Good morning! Get ready for November's Judged Challenge with Tuesday Morning Sketches - in honour of our fab sponsor The Beary Scrap, we want to see your creations using both the sketch AND an animal created with punches OR a tear bear pattern!
I had some trouble getting started, but you know what my favourite part ended up being? Look at those little penguin feet! Guess what they are? Butterflies!
Supplies: EAD Designs rub-on sentiment;
black, white, and orange cardstock;
Doodlebug twine & Bow-Easy;
Cuttlebug snowflake folder;
Sharpie for edges;
circle & butterfly punches

Look at his widdle feet! 
I used several different sizes of circle punches to layer the body & belly, and I used a single circle punch cut in half for the wings. The feet are indeed made with butterflies - I used a tiny bit of Scor-tape and folded them over the body rather than cutting them. The beak is made with a square punch cut in half, and then, GOOGLY EYES, because as my son Riley says, "Everybody enjoys googly eyes!"

Melissa designed our sketch this week, and I love how simple or dressed up you can make it:
This sketch will be open until November 18 - don't forget the twist!! And don't forget to check out all the fun animals the design team has created to inspire you:

If you haven't entered yet, my blog candy is open until tomorrow (November 14), so you can click here or on the graphic in the top right on my blog...Miss Maggie the Cat. Don't forget to answer the skill-testing question! 
xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun...love the penguin, the googlie eyes and the embossing...did I tell you Happy Birthday on my last comment? Happy Birthday!!!

lauren bergold said...

young riley is very astute, and of course, like everybody, i enjoy googly eyes enthusiastically & would even have said they were my favorite part of the penguin until you told us the cute little feets were 1/2 a butterfly and then WOW, ok, they were my INSTANT FAVE!!!!! ♥♥♥ you are just TOO clever, missus!!!!!!!

walchowDesign said...

How fun with all the punches that you created this adorable penguin!

Laura said...

So stinkin cute Jessi! The googlie eyes are too much! :) Love it!

jimlynn said...

Jessi, I love, love, LOVE IT!!!! Those big google eyes are so cute on here! Precious card.
Lynn

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, who doesn't love a penguin?! You are so clever!

Debbie said...

This guy is too cute!! Who would have thought to use a butterfly for feet?? You're awesome!!!

Lindsey said...

Wait, you had a birthday? Happy belated!
Your penguin is brilliant! Especially those little half-butterfly feet.

Dawn said...

Soooo cute and clever! Those butterflies make perfect little feet, and the googly eyes are the perfect finishing touch.

Hugs, Dawn

Nance said...

This is so adorable! And you used one of my faves --- googly eyes! haha Neat idea using butterflies for the feet. I thought they were tiny hearts. Cute!

Dawn said...

So cute Jessi! Your penguin is adorable. Love the black and white card to match him!

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute! I love the goggly eyes! How adorable is your penguin??? Love all the texture too!

Notes by Nina said...

Oh Jessi your little penguin is so cute with his big googly eyes. I love all the texture too and the little eye in the Joy is fantastic.

lostinpaper said...

Googly eyes ROCK!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute! Love the embossed background and cute googly eyed penguin! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheryl said...

Your card turned out so cute! I love the oversized eyes, and what a great idea to use the butterfly punch for the feet!

Melissa Craig said...

Super adorable! I love love love that penguin, so cute! I'm glad you pushed through because your results are wonderful.

Jen W. said...

The butterfly feet are genius! That bow is cool too - sitting here trying to figure it out!