Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shopping our Stash #81 - Sentimentally Yours


This week's challenge at Shopping our Stash lends itself BEAUTIFULLY to elegant cards - and I know I have some fabulous Christmas sentiments that were MADE for this! We want to see your cards that 
Feature a sentiment - no images on your card!
Here is a chance to use those bigger sentiments that don't always fit on a typical card. Don't forget to shop your stash for your project! Here's my card:


Supplies: sentiment from PTI; Bundled Sage Distress ink; standard small & lacy circle Nesties; paper from Memory Box; brad from Basic Grey (score! one more colour GONE); random piece of pearl strip; felt snowflake from ?

It's one of those great things about shopping your stash that sometimes your ingredient list just...well, can't be too specific about the ingredients. Where did it come from? Some dusty corner at the back of a drawer. Or, not in this case but has TOTALLY HAPPENED TO ME, off the floor under my desk ;) That's where I keep all the really good stuff.

Thanks for your well-wishes about my shoulder :) I've had the x-rays, which boy has technology come a ways since the last time I had one - and ouch, because my arm did NOT want to move the way it had to. No update yet which I take as good news - a fast phone call after tests is NEVER a good sign! I'll be sure to let you know when I know more. 

OK back to the task at hand (can you tell, I've finished the first pot of coffee already? Eggnog. Sugar AND caffeine. AWESOME. And I'm starting to hear smells....)

This challenge is open until next Monday, December 17, and don't forget to check out what everyone else has been up to!


xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome card...and Love the redbull thing...tooo funny.

lauren bergold said...

i ♥LOVE♥ this card... total GORGEOUSNESS!!! (& yeah, i sooooo hear you re the caffeine, i'm a fiend!!!) ps: sorry about the shoulder, time for me to scroll backwards and see what i missed!!!)

Dawn said...

Hi Jessi, You have been so busy making loads of gorgeous cards - I can't keep up! Love the pretty colours and pearls. And of course, anything that get adorned with one of your gorgeous doilies is instantly gorgeous.

Crossing my fingers that your shoulder is nothing serious and easily fixed.

Hugs, Dawn

Angela said...

Beautiful, Jessi! Way to showcase your doilies! (I may have to play along with this challenge...I think I have a good idea....)

Annette Allen said...

oh i love this..just so lovely with the added pearls and snowflake...

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, Jessi!! I love the pearls and the crocheted mat!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love love love love love this! Your crochet mat is amazing as always and is perfect to really set the focal sentiment! You don't need an image with a beautiful mat to frame a sentiment! Love it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Eggnog coffee...by chance, from Green Mountain? Their Spicy Eggnog is my FAVE coffee of all time! I asked hubby for some for Christmas...hope he comes through. ;)

So sorry to hear you are having shoulder troubles, Jessi! THat sucks.

I notice you've been using some precious doilies on your cards lately (real ones!) and they are lovely. Do you make 'em yourself?

Thank you ever, ever so much for your kind and joyous support to me, being the latest Moxie Fabber. ;) It means a lot!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful design around the sentiment, Jessi! Your crochet really brings out the focal point of the sentiment!

Hope everything is ok with the report!

fairyrocks said...

Great card idea. It really is all about what you say isn't it?
Keep smiling and creating

CarlaKH said...

so pretty....love the colors and the way you composed this card. Hope your shoulder gets better too!

lostinpaper said...

Sooo sweet! Love the added pearls!

Leslie Hanna said...

"hear smells" LMAO! And I'm with you on the best stash being on the floor under the desk. #fistbump

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Jessi - Beautiful card!! Love that crocheted doily behind your sentiment. )I have to admit I was so intent on the crochet I forgot to read the sentiment!) Hope your shoulder is feeling better!
Blessings,
Michelle