Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shopping our Stash #82 - Winter BUT...


We have a fabulous challenge up for you this week at Shopping our Stash - and with the holidays fast approaching, we have 2 weeks to work on it! For the current challenge, we want to see your winter themed project, BUT:

Winter, NOT HOLIDAY! 
snow, mittens, penguins, polar bears, sled, fireplace, hot cocoa, snowmen, etc.

Personally I think it would be a perfect time to work on those holiday thank you cards, or perhaps you know someone celebrating a birthday soon? That's what the card I'm sharing was purchased for - a December birthday card.

Supplies: paper from October Afternoon; pearl strips found in a box while I was looking for something else (score!); snowflake quilled by me :)


I used a Nestie to trace very lightly to have a guide for placing the pearls in a circle. 

This challenge is open for two weeks, until Monday December 31st, and don't forget to check out what everyone else has been up to!


I have a rather busy day ahead getting cards in the mail, getting cards ready for the 20 teachers & staff the boys want to give cards to, and anxiously waiting to hear how Connor's talent show rehearsal went. He performs on Thursday, and he is SO EXCITED he can hardly bear it. He's doing Thriller. Seriously. 
xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Oh Jessi! This is gorgeous...elegant....divine! I am speechless! You have created a winter wonderland beauty and I loved how you framed in those gorgeous pearls!

Annette Allen said...

Jessi this is sooooo pretty. Love your quilling and the framed pearls is awesome...great card.

walchowDesign said...

Always love to see your quilling cards, Jessi! Pretty card with all the pearls highlighting the quills!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! Your quilling is always gorgeous and the ring of pearls is so elegant!

jimlynn said...

Perfect snowflake with that quilling and love all the pearls!
This will make a wonderful card for winter. So very pretty.
I e-mailed you earlier this morning...hope you got it.
Hugs, Lynn

Leslie Hanna said...

Great quilling, again! Love the circle of pearls, too.

Thriller? Really? HA!

Carol L said...

What a lovely quilled star! The circle of pearls accents it beautifully, and I love the aqua color too! NJ!

Emily Keaton said...

LOVE this quilled snowflake, Jessi! All of those pearls? Just divine. Good luck to Connor for the talent show!!!

ScrappySandie said...

Very pretty, wintery card, Jessi! Love your quilling! And I like that your design matches the little design in the background paper. Merry Christmas!
Sandie

marilynprestonn said...

Hello Jessie, Wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog, I really don't get alot of traffice as I have not been blogging much these days. Anywho I love this wonderful quilling and blue dp! Well done with the fabulous pearls.

Kindly and Happy holidays, Peggy

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is really pretty Jessi! I love the pearls and the quilled snowflake!

lostinpaper said...

So elegant Jessi!

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely stunning!! I love the quilling and the pearls - they are the perfect pair.