Friday, February 22, 2013

Playing in Paradise #105 - Travel!

Good morning, and happy Friday! We've gotten another chilly blast of wind & snow overnight - but it's too early yet to know if it will be a long weekend for the kiddos. They're still tucked up in bed with their pajamas on inside out, hoping :)

This week's hostess for Playing in Paradise is Nina, and she'd like us to create projects inspired by travel:
PPC 105

I have a fun paper pad from Bo Bunny that's full of vehicle images, so I thought I'd start with that. I ended up going in a completely different direction - but it was fun!

Supplies: 
Papers from Bo Bunny
Adirondack Citrus ink
Palette Noir ink
Paper Smooches stamps (sentiment & geometric shapes)

The vehicles are trimmed from a piece of patterned paper, and then I used some smaller geometric stamps to create a border on either side. I also scored the middle of the card vertically to create some textural interest:

This challenge will be open until next Thursday, February 28th.  To add your NEW project to the linky & see what the rest of  the team has created, click on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog, and check out the DT on their blogs too:

xoxo,
Jessi


16 comments:

Jen W. said...

That border you created rocks! Love how you pulled the colours from the paper for it. Really awesome guy card!

fairyrocks said...

Fun card work Jessi, love how you cut and arranged this. Keep smiling and creating

Lisa Arana said...

Awesome! Love your stamping!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Jessi, love the bright colours!

Dawn said...

This is super cute! Love the fun colours and sentiment.

Hugs, Dawn

Jingle said...

This is totally adorable!

Annette Allen said...

how cute... I love all those little boy toys...great card Jessi..

Jenny said...

Awesome for a little guy, love the zingy colours and hip sentiment :0)
Sorry it's been a while since I visited... I'm sure the hands on the clock go faster as life goes on!!!
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

Wow, so CAS and graphic! Which means, of course, I totally love it. :)
So the inside-out pyjamas is a good-luck talisman kind of thing? After Family Day Monday, then snow days Tuesday and Wednesday, I thought the powers-that-be should have just cancelled the school week, which is why I'm not in charge. :D

jimlynn said...

I'm swooning!!!!! LOVE THIS! From the little vehicles to the colors to the design - wonderful! So very cute!
Lynn

lostinpaper said...

First I saw the inspiration, then I saw the card, totally unexpected and so much fun Jessi. The border and sentiment are just right too!

walchowDesign said...

Great card for someone who loves transportation! Love how you created the borders with the geometric stamp!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so so cute! I love the border you created and I love the cute images you used! :-)

Linda Pekrul said...

What a wonderful card Jessi! Love, love the borders and the whole design of the card. It is just GREAT! I've browsed through your other cards that you've done since this challenge and I am amazed at how much you get done and how beautiful they all are!! You are very talented!

Unknown said...

lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove
that is all

Notes by Nina said...

What a fabulous card for a little boy Jessi, I love that sweet border and the cute images.