Sunday, April 21, 2013

Congratulations!

So, this week at CASology the prompt is "WORD," which as usual has a great many fabulous interpretations out there - right now the linky has over 90!  Clean and simple still poses a challenge for me, but I find it fun to play & stretch my creative wings.


Supplies: Paper Smooches sentiment; Versamark & black EP; black rhinestones; various colours of Tattered Angels glimmer mist - Turquoise Blue, Key Lime Pie, Starfish, Yellow Daisy, Chalkboard Violet

Embossing the sentiment made it pop beautifully over the misting:

I pulled out my black powder for a change because I figured my usual dusting of 'didn't mean to' stray powder would fit in with the splatter background - an then it seems to have stayed where it was supposed to for a change. Go figure! If you click to view this picture full-size you can see the glimmer of the mists really well. 

 There's a whole 5 hours left to link up, so what are you waiting for? 
xoxo,
Jessi



21 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my, but that black embossing powder just absolutely makes this card pop! Beautiful! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

jimlynn said...

What a cool looking background for the sentiment! Love the embossing on here too.
Lynn

Rosemary said...

the embossing is perfect and I love the splatter background... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Melissa Craig said...

WHAT FUN! I love the spattering! Have you seen Princess Diaries? There is a scene where the mother is creating art by throwing darts at balloons that have been filled with paint. This is what it reminds me of! Except yours isn't nearly as messy. Great job!

Judy1223 said...

Jessi, this is a WONDERFUL card design...and so versatile! I love the black embossed sentiment, and the perfect pearls add just the right amount of sparkle to your perfect splatter! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

CinnamonSally said...

Perfect take on the challenge Jessi, love the splattered background.

Ardyth said...

First, here's a quick tip for clean black embossing. Use Versafine Onyx ink and emboss in clear - someone gave me that advice early in my cardmaking career - it's so much cleaner than black ep! Second - I love the fun party feel of this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

That's a very fun card Jessi! Love your color choices!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty! I love the misting and that sentiment is so perfectly embossed!

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you had a total blast making this card, talk about getting inky!

Unknown said...

beautifully cas my friend! i do believe you done nailed it! :)

Leslie Hanna said...

I love this! I recently came into a cache of mists, so now i need to steal, er .. i mean be inspired by this card. heh

Leslie Hanna said...

PS: You have multi-colored hair!

CarlaKH said...

Love this card...so cool!

Lindsey said...

Awesome splattering! And I salute you for a) coming up with a way to camouflage stray black ep, and b) not having any!

walchowDesign said...

Love the splattered bg and the sentiment pops up beautifully, Jessi!

Marie said...

Spectacular! Awesome splattering and embossing. Thought I was the only one who had stray powder issues.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

FABULOUS!!!

Greta said...

I love my Tattered Angels, but they don't usually come out looking like this. I'm going to try using them again as I totally love this card, Jessie!

Jenny said...

Okay so I have six unread posts suddenly pop up from you.... what happened there!!!
Isn't it always the way.... I'm sure there's an embossing powder pixie thats visits to give us grief!! I love the dimension you got with the lettering and what a great splattered bkgd too :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

Wow! I love your splattering! The embossing powder is a perfect pop against the party behind. LOVE it.