Sunday, April 7, 2013

Crafty Creations Challenges #216 - Flowers or Fairies

The current Crafty Creations Challenge is to use Flowers or Fairies on your card, and that was the perfect prompt for me to use this fairy ballerina I'd printed out but not yet used:

Supplies: fairy ballerina from the Graphics Fairy; papers from memory box; classic small oval & Labels 5 Nesties; sentiment sticker from Mrs. Grossman's; Wilton doily; scrap ribbon; stick pins made by me!

I was so excited by the stick pins (seriously!) that I forgot to add any glitter to the ballerina's wings. I think that's a first. But look at those pins:

*happy sigh*
They are stuck in to the knot of the bow, and then I used Mod Podge Dimensional Magic (like Glossy Accents) to adhere them to the card base as well. You don't want sharp parts poking off the card! 

The CCC linky is open until Tuesday. 
xoxo,
Jessi


9 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Your fairy looks great with the authentique pins and the sheer ribbon, Jessi!

fairyrocks said...

Any time you are talking fairy's you are talking my language. Love this and your pins are gorgeous

Lindsey said...

Fairy + ballerina = perfection! What a lovely and delightful card. And wait, you MADE the stick pin? Amazing. Glad you had time to play with us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week!

Lisa Arana said...

so dreamy, i love the little dancing fairy. gorgeous card.

Nance said...

I do love those pins! I am in dire need of pins! And don't think I've ever seen that ballerina at the Graphics Fairy. Very pretty. Stop by my blog at the end of the week. I've got some new things I'm working on. Thanks for the award again!

Chris Dring said...

This one is swoon worthy! That image, the soft colors, the pretty ribbon, and best of all those custom pins! They pack quite the Wowsers effect!

lostinpaper said...

oooh, I'm swooning over those stick pins myself, definitely a 'hoarding' item to be looked at & occasionally placed near a card, pondered for a while but then put safely away again lol.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Are they cloisonne stick pins? Well no wonder you were so excited by them! They are truly beautiful, and very different from other pins I see out there.

Your ballerina image is light as a feather, and the sheer ribbon goes so well with it. Hugs!

Jenny said...

The beads on those pins are gorgeous, they look enamelled! Really pretty card Jessi :0)
Jenny x