Friday, April 12, 2013

Playing in Paradise #112 - Sketch Time!


(and don't forget to VOTE!)

Allison is our hostess this week at Playing in Paradise, and that means a great sketch!

I am a little bit in love with my card - sometimes they just come together exactly how I want, and I get so excited about it! Do you ever have trouble with sketches? Sometimes changing the shape of an element will get the mojo flowing. In this case, I've changed the large circle to an oval. Also, for many sketches, the 'embellishment' elements (in this case, the flowers) can represent ANY embellishments. I've used floral buttons for my little cluster here. 


Supplies: papers from Memory Box; classic small oval Nesties; Penny Black sticker; 'celebrate' rub-on (unknown); buttons from stash
You can find LOADS of paper-crafting supplies at the Scrapbooker's Paradise online store! 

This challenge will be open until next Thursday, April 18th.  To add your NEW project to the linky & see what the rest of  the team has created, click on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog, and check out the DT on their blogs too:

I'm finally getting my hair done tonight - I can't wait to see how it turns out. I promise pictures :)
xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

So delightful, Jessi! Hedgie is just adorable :). Great job with the sketch!!! Can't wait to see your new 'do!! Hope it was fabby to get out and be pampered a bit :)

jimlynn said...

I'm in love with it too! Little hedgie is a doll and love the colors you used. Those flower buttons are perfect.
Can't wait to see the new "do".
Lynn

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Sweet card love the color combo and the buttons match perfectly . The Hedge stamp image are one of my fav.
Marilyn

Dawn said...

A beautiful card, Jessi. Love that little hedgie - so cute. The buttons are really fun.

Hugs, Dawn

Allison Rankin said...

Sweet and pretty with all the purple!

Annette Allen said...

aww what a cutie...this little stamp is adorable.. I am loving all the purple..those buttons are perfect..

Unknown said...

I love your card it is so darling. Thank you so much for leaving the comments on my blog. Yes DH can be interesting commentor :)... I love your cards.

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the background papers and your coloring. Awesome inspiration for this challenge!

Chris Dring said...

Hee hee! Love that little hedgehog image! Great card Jessi!

HNME Reunion said...

That is the sweetest patterned paper! Of course, you need something sweet for a cute hedgehog. :D

lostinpaper said...

I can see why you are happy, this is a really amazing card Jessi. The purples are perfect and I know just how hard they are to match (from experience lol)!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Yep! Loooove this one as well, makes me happy looking at it, and that's just perfect!! That hedgehog is so super sweet and the purple is one of my fave colors!! Great card!! Wishing you a lovely day!
Hugs, Wendy

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the sketch! Fun purple card and love the addition of the buttons!

Linda Pekrul said...

*squealing with glee* SO, SO, CUTE!! Love that little hedge hog and those darling purple buttons!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so cute Jessi, I love all the purple and the little hedgehog is adorable.

Jenny said...

It is great when a plan comes together as Hannibal from the A team once said!!! Love your little hedgie, you made the sketch even more CAS... Love it :0)
Jenny x