Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shopping our Stash #96, Redux - Not Your Normal Paper


Welcome to Week 2 of our Specialty Paper challenge at Shopping our Stash - life gets busy sometimes, and we could all use an extended deadline now & then! Like I'd said last week, I ended up pulling out a LOT of fun papers & couldn't resist making a second card for this challenge:


Supplies: Pre-coloured digi image from Doodle Pantry; classic small & lacy circle Nesties; mulberry paper; Recollections green cardstock; iridescent & yellow fabric glitter glue

Since it was getting close to Easter, I wanted to make a few multi-purpose Easter-ish cards - lilies are also nice for sympathy cards. The mulberry paper I found while I was looking for something else, and it gave just the right softened look to the background, and lets the flower shine. I used a paintbrush to smooth on the iridescent glitter on the petals, and a toothpick to dot the yellow glitter onto the stamens. 


This Shopping our Stash challenge is open until Monday April 15th - hey, that's my little boy's birthday! I'll officially be a mother of 2 teenagers. (Oh, dear lord...uh-oh!)

xoxo,
Jessi

Edited to add: While creating my card & writing up my post, I had intended to enter this into Doodle Pantry's current challenge as well - and then completely forgot to mention it in the post (or link it up)...d'oh! Challenge #33 is to use a Doodle Pantry image, and it is open until April 24th. 

16 comments:

Deena said...

Loving the glitter in your flower! So sparkly!

walchowDesign said...

Love the mix of the mulberry pp with the lilies, Jessi!

Annette Allen said...

love how you used the mulberry paper.. looks gorgeous..

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful card Jessi!

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Jessi, the rabbiting waffler has popped over to say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my SOS entry - it means a lot so thank you very much!
Your colouring is wonderful and this is such a beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us hugs Karen

Jenny said...

I love the beautiful lily and how you added the sparkle.
Goodness I had forgotten about mulberry paper, love the soft wispyness as the background :0)
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

I love how you added to the image with sparkly goodness! The mulberry paper really does work perfectly.

lostinpaper said...

This is so beautiful Jessi, the added glitter is perfect!

jimlynn said...

Love the glitter on here!! SO GORGEOUS!!
Lynn

Unknown said...

beautiful card, gorgeous flower....perfect shimmer!

Darnell said...

A beautiful lily card, Jessi! Happy birthday to your baby and good luck to you!! (I hope Riley is completely well now, poor guy.)

JJ Bolton said...

Beautiful! I just want to touch that flower! Love that the glittery parts add shine and texture:)

I hear you on the teenagers, lol! I just realized that in about a year and a half, the boys will be driving! ACK! Lord help both of us;)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty - and the glitter was just the finishing element you needed to make this card pop. Great job. Thanks for joining us at DPDC33 this month.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, loving the mulberry paper and how you enhanced the lilie with the sparkles, wonderful work! Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#33

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful!! Love the sparkle and added dimension. The mulberry paper is perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda

Jen W. said...

Yup, the mulberry paper goes perfectly with that image! Love the glitter too.