Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shopping our Stash #98 - Dollar Store/Bargain Bin


Holy moly - challenge #98 at Shopping our Stash! This time around we want you to...


use something you got at a ridiculously low price!

Got it at the dollar store? At a garage sale? (where are these crafty garage sales anyhow...not in my neighbourhood, lol!). At Michaels in the dollar bin ($1.50 in Canada)? Use it! AND TELL US WHAT IT IS :) 
I even took a picture of the price tag on mine - I scored 4 or 5 of these insanely detailed embellishments from Jolee's years ago, at Wal-mart. LOOK:


70 cents!?! I hoarded most of these for years, because I never could find papers that matched them well. This is the last one, because guess what? I can use white space now. (pats self on back):

Supplies: Jolee's carousel; Mrs. Grossman's birthday sticker; Martha Stewart scoreboard

This Shopping our Stash challenge is open until next Monday, April 29th - hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!

I hope you have a fabulous day :) I'm going to go get crafty!
xoxo,
Jessi

19 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Okay, I dearly L-O-V-E this fabulous use of white space! Definitely, you should pat yourself on the back ;-). Love how you let this fabulously detailed sticker take center stage. What a fun birthday card!

Marie said...

now you have inspired me to get out my 'low price' bargins! Great use of that Jolee's embellishment. Love the scoring above and below the carousel.

lauren bergold said...

holy wow ♥YES♥ you definitely can ROCK the white space inna big, biiiiiiiiiiig way! LOVE! THIS! MISSUS!!! ♥

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--that was a bargain! Absolutely love how you used it here with the birthday sticker & score lines--perfect, Jessi!

Alica said...

the sticker is fabulous and the fact that you got it for next to nothing even better! Love how you used it!

jimlynn said...

CAS and just plain sensational!!!! What a wonderful "find" this sticker turned out to be!
Lynn

Angela said...

Adorable...I love a great bargain!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, awesome use of a deal! That carousel is so pretty!

Annette Allen said...

love when you find good deals.. We just went to Michaels the other day and girl I got some good stuff..

Your card is adorable..that carousel is awesome..

Darnell said...

Don't break your own arm there, honey, we'll all help you with the pats on the back! So deserved, my friend! You scored with the schweet carousel find and have done a CASlicious card with it, Jessi!!

walchowDesign said...

The carousel looks great on the white space with the scoring, Jessi!

How I wish if Michaels were to be here!!

Lindsey said...

What a totally cool card, Jessi -- and the scoring just sets off everything else perfectly!

Jenny said...

What a great challenge theme, I'm thinking now what I have in my stash??? Jolees embellishments are so detailed, you're so right white space is all they need!! fabulous card Jessi :0)
Jenny x

fairyrocks said...

Nicely done with the White space. What a bargain that little carousel was!! Keep smiling and creating

Unknown said...

so cute! love the scale of the sticker!

Chris Dring said...

OMG! Jessi, this card is BRILLIANT!

Lisa Arana said...

bargain brilliance!!! LOVE it.

~Tammy~ said...

For reals??!!??!! Who finds deals like that! You go girl! Your card is perfect! I have a hard time with White Space, but you are a pro!

lostinpaper said...

CAS perfection, I can see why you would hoard this, it's adorable!