Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shopping our Stash #99 - All About Numbers!


So a challenge is sometimes SUPPOSED to be challenging, right? Shopping my Stash for numbers that were actually 'stash' was kinda hard. I just don't use them very often. Grad season to the rescue!

Supplies: AC textured black cardstock; AC puffy vinyl Thickers (from Barb!); Martha Stewart score board


I find graduation cards kind of challenging as well, so double score. And it's even appropriate for a Dreaded Man Card (as Tammy would call it!) To keep it simple but not boring, I scored three lines at the top & bottom of the black panel, and then adhered it with Scor-Tape at the very top & bottom, and foam tape underneath the numbers. It gives the scoring more dimension in real life. I also folded along the score lines several times to help give them more definition. 

This Shopping our Stash challenge is open until next Monday, May 6th - hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!

xoxo,
Jessi



10 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, YES, graduation cards are PERFECT for this challenge, and that time of year is definitely upon us! well spotted, missus, and what a fab card! ♥♥♥

Annette Allen said...

those numbers are so cool... awesome card...love how you scored the top...

jimlynn said...

Jessi, this is PERFECT for graduation!! WOW! Why didn't I think of that one......now I'll just have to CASE yours! Love it!
Lynn

Lindsey said...

What a great, CAS grad card! Totally works.

Dawn said...

So clever! The scored lines add that perfect little something.

Hugs, Dawn

lostinpaper said...

Those 'puffy' numbers rock Jessi, what a fab CAS design!

walchowDesign said...

Great and simple card graduation card, Jessi! Love the puffy numbers!

Unknown said...

I love this chicklet! Awesome CAS creation. I adore the scored lines...the scale of these numbers is perfect for a focal point. LOVE!

Jenny said...

I really love the simplicity and bold design Jessi, as you say just perfect for those difficult guys cards (especially ones that just graduated!!)
Jenny x

Debbie said...

This is a great grad card!! I love the CAS look!