Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketches #193 - Bugaboo Stamps!

Good morning & happy Tuesday :) Hey, at least it isn't Monday any more!
It's the second week of the month, and at Tuesday Morning Sketches that means that besides a great sketch, we also have a TWIST for you to follow! This month's twist is a super easy one: BIRTHDAY! Create a birthday project using the sketch for a chance at being one of our handpicked winners, and the opportunity to win a fabulous prize from Bugaboo Stamps. They really DO have something for every style!


Here's our sketch:

I could NOT resist choosing this awesome Gus image

Supplies: Gus Golf image from Bugaboo stamps; classic small oval Nesties; scrap paper; Recollections green cardstock; Spectrum Noir & Sharpie markers

I had to twiddle a little bit to make it work, but I think you can still easily see all the sketch elements! I'm pretty pleased with myself over the colouring - picking colours for golf clothes was a bit of a challenge, but I'm happy with how the actual colouring is going. The googly eyes were an afterthought....since the alcohol markers don't smear my printer's ink, I forgot that DUH, water-based products DO smear it...and I tried to add some gloss to his glasses. Whoops. Googly eyes to the rescue :) 

This sketch is open until next Sunday, April 14th.  And, did you know - if you 'like' Tuesday Morning Sketches on Facebook, you can have access to the sketch the evening before it goes live?? I even remembered last night! (go me!)

Don't forget to visit all the other talented ladies on the DT:
Mary J, Best of the Best Designer 

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Fun card and your colouring is great!

Chris Dring said...

LMAO! I love the Gus stamps and this is one of my favorite ones! Fabulous card Jessi!

Lisa Arana said...

*snort* ohmygoodnes! What a hilarious card.

Debbie said...

Glad for the smear... I love the googly eyes!! Too funny!!

Jenny said...

Haha love that sentiment and what a wrinkly he is too!!!
I've never thought of googly eyes as a rescue!! Lol
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

Hilarious! I'm so glad you had a googly-eyed rescue after all your terrific colouring.

jimlynn said...

LOL!!!!!! TOO CUTE!
Lynn

fairyrocks said...

Too Funny, Love Maxine

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! Oh Jessi...this is hilarious...and so YOU!

JJ Bolton said...

Too funny! And good save with the googly eyes:)

Nance said...

Love this silly card! I think the googly eyes just enhance the pun! It was meant to be!

Melissa Craig said...

I just love Bugaboo's funny images. Your card is fabulous!!

Jen W. said...

God bless googly eyes! Awesome colouring - his outfit is perfect!

Theresa said...

Hahahaha! I love this card. What a hoot!