Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tuesday Trigger - Friendly Flowers

I really thought for a long time about this week's Tuesday Trigger - my first inclination was to interpret it very literally, but something was holding me back. Apparently it was this idea trying to come out:


Supplies: paper from Bo Bunny, "Prairie Chic;" vellum flowers & small butterfly from Jolee's; large vellum butterfly & pearl from scraps; Spellbinders butterfly dies; Gray Flannel Memento ink; Broken China Distress ink; 'friend' stamp from Paper Smooches; 'you are very...' stamp from Hero Arts; Corner Chomper; buttons from stash.

Here's the trigger photo:


The homespun feel of the Trigger inspired me to use this shabby chic patterned woodgrain paper. The weathered wood, rusty license plates, and those AWESOME blue boots just felt perfect. 

The title of the Trigger inspired me to make it a friendship card:


Since I didn't have quite the sentiment I wanted, I used different sets from different companies. 

Finally, I had to use buttons! I found these fabulous little blue buttons in my stash - and they have a stitched detail around each edge:

Oh-so-subtle and perfect. I love it when that happens!
The Trigger link closes tonight :) 
xoxo,
Jessi





23 comments:

~amy~ said...

well, it's just plain gorgeous!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful subtle card, Jessi! Love the yellow vellum butterflies which adds a soft touch to the whole card!

fairyrocks said...

Oh, very pretty interpretation of that challenge photo. Keep smiling and creating.

CinnamonSally said...

Just gorgeous Jessi and a great take on the trigger photo.

CarlaKH said...

ooh love this...I just got some of the same papers.. great use of them!

jimlynn said...

Perfect little buttons for a perfect card! SO LOVELY!!!!
Lynn

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

What a perfect card for the trigger! I love that yellow vellum butterfly.

Lindsey said...

This is just awesome. 'Nuff said.

Lisa Arana said...

oh my, so lovely! the layering and colors are so light and springy! perfect for the trigger!

Ellen Taylor said...

So soft and pretty! Awesome butterfly_looks so delicate!

Chris Dring said...

This is really gorgeous Jessi! Love it!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! That DP is awesome on it's own, but you put it over the top with your vellum flowers and butterflies!!

lostinpaper said...

Fab interpretation of the trigger, love how you have still incorporated the buttons but not as flowers. Such a delicate and pretty design Jessi!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Yep, these surely are very friendly flowers!! Soooo lovely! Pretty butterfly as well! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, and so cool that your friend is also expecting twins, that's something very special, I think! Good luck for her!! All the best!!
Hugs, Wendy

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those vellum flowers are amazing! I actually thought they were printed on the paper. What a wonderful interpretation of the Trigger, Jessi!

yyam said...

Ooooh...it's really pretty Jessi!

Greta said...

Beautiful artistic use of the trigger photo, Jessie!

Jenny said...

It's such a pretty country style collage, I love the vellum flowers which look like real pressed flowers ... a seamless piece of art :0)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

gorgeous! perfect indeed!

Darnell said...

Jessi, this is charming out the wazoo! I love it to pieces!!

JJ Bolton said...

This one turned out so sweet! I'm really loving the look of stamping on patterned paper! (You are the queen of patterned paper:) Beautiful!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the Trigger - you totally captured the feel of it! Love that vellum butterfly!