Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grad Time - Squeal!

Completely by accident I discovered that this little grad cap confetti fits the hamster from Paper Smooches. OH YES.

Supplies: stamps from Paper Smooches (except edge - PTI); Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels - yellow daisy, starfish, key lime, turquoise; Distress inks in Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade; Versamark; Stampendous black detail embossing powder; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Stampendous  Fun Flock; Spectrum Noir markers; Sharpie


The hamster has a fuzzy belly, naturally. With a teeny dimensional the grad cap is perched on his/her head, and the hamster is squealing with glee to be finished at last. 

The edge was done with a small flower stamp from PTI - I love the bit of interest it gives as a border, and by overlapping the impressions it gives a sort of abstract look. In my opinion, anyway. The hammy panel is edged with Sharpie to help it stand out.

Since The Pink Elephant is having a graduation challenge this week, I'm popping it in the linky over there - why don't you come play too?!

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

TOO cute! Love how you did the background and the shine on this little guys (gals) hat is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration too since in the process of making grad cards this week!
Lynn

Peanut said...

Oh my word!!! Too darn cute, Jessi! That grad hat is so adorable. Love this image.
xxx Asha

CinnamonSally said...

So cute Jessi, great background too!!

Lindsey said...

This is awesome! Any chance you found that grad cap at Michael's? I think I need to get some. :)

Jen W. said...

This ROCKS! That flower border is so cool - totally abstract as you said. Nice way to get more use out of a flower stamp. :) The little grad cap is such a perfect fit and I love the fuzzy belly!

Emily Keaton said...

SQUEAL is right!!!!! Oh, how I LOVE your googly-eyed hamster grad. He looks dashing in his mortarboard! Love that colorful, confetti-like background you gave him. :)

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Lol. That is fantastic! And one smart hamster. :)

Such a happy card...and blog entry!

lostinpaper said...

I'm wondering if it's the spattered background, his googly eyes or the fuzzy belly that made me smile the most, it's another fab fun design Jessi!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute grad card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!