Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Once again, at the last minute...

So, I "need" to increase my collection of alcohol ink markers. Colouring with others is just no longer cutting it. (Any time, lottery!)
Once again 'flying' in at the last minute for jingle belles - I very nearly skipped this round, with all the Mother's Day & graduation overload, but gosh darn it I made it until May. I can't crap out now!


Supplies: CHF Kim Hughes owl set; Halloween letters (for BAH) from Making Memories; rub-on HUMBUG from EAD Designs; red & white fun flock on his hat; snowflake embossing folder

I stamped him twice - once on kraft paper, once on white, and the hat was stamped twice as well (once on white, once on red). This way I could avoid colouring that big brown space with my nonexistent brown markers & just fake some feathery shading :)

xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Bah Humbug already... this is just too cute.. love that owl and the embossed background..

jimlynn said...

It must be "owl" day or something as I just got through posting a card with an owl too! Love yours and that perfect sentiment for Christmas.
Love it! Cute!!
Lynn

Lindsey said...

Very fun card! So I'm not the only one waiting for a windfall to increase my craft stash? :D

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card Jessi!

Unknown said...

Super Cute! I love the owl!

Debbie said...

Love it! My husband plays Scrooge when we do "The Christmas Carol" so this would suit him perfectly!

Stacy said...

I learned the hard way today that I am a wee bit short on a few copic colors and it sure does feel like you have to win the lotto to purchase every possible color you might end up needing to use. Bah Humbug!! Your owl is a cutie!

lostinpaper said...

Go with it girl, you can do it... Christmas cards all year!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥HOORAY♥ yes, i could totally understand needing to skip a week here and there but i'm *ALWAYS* glad to get my fix of your holiday cards! and this one definitely DOES NOT disappoint! not in design, or in cleverness... paperpiecing the owl to save the bulk of the coloring chore?! BRILLIANT!!! ♥♥♥

yyam said...

Hehe...it does get annoying when you know exactly what colour would be perfect on your project...and you don't have it...lol

This is sooooooo cute!

walchowDesign said...

Adorable card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Yeah, winning the lottery would be nice, and it takes that--those suckers are expensive. Your card is so cute! The pp and rub-on look fab and of course the owl is a hoot (yuk yuk, I couldn't resist). :)

Dawn said...

Very cute and so clever how you 'faked' the brown! Love the sweet little owl.

Hugs, Dawn

~Tammy~ said...

I hear you! I am way short on supply in this area! Truthfully, I would rather spend my money on other items since those are so expensive.

Your card is adorable!!!!

Lisa Arana said...

ha, i totally need to CASE this idea!