Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paper Hoarders Unite "In Bloom"!

So, Barb. She of the amazing talent & generosity...she who is SO much fun to shop with (now if only we could get Michaels  to let us back in...)  And we're both guilty of buying such pretty stuff, and then hoarding it. Because, well, you never know. They might stop making beautiful paper and stuff, and then what would happen? EEK.
She recently bought what she called the most beautiful paper in the world, and oh em gee, it is! She twisted my arm (so difficult to do with craft supplies) and then, since we had the matching stuff, we decided to challenge each other to use it. I got to pick the papers, and so both of us have made a card using these three papers from My Mind's Eye "In Bloom," which is a Michaels exclusive:


Supplies: Papers from MME; Nesties labels 5; letter stickers from Basic Grey (white, coloured with Spectrum Noir markers); buttons from Dollarama


I got a little funky with the label - it's adhered with a double layer of foam tape in the very centre, and then I sewed the buttons on overlapping the very edges to give it a curved look. And the chevron paper is of course fussy-cut along the pattern...I don't think I've used a chevron pattern yet without cutting it ;)

Now just wait until you see what awesomeness Barb has come up with - and what do you think? Should we do this again?  Make sure you leave her some love :)
xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful design Jessi! I LOVE the buttons curving the sentiment panel and the colored alphas...so crafty of you! thank you for the sweet words but that doesn't make up for getting me banished from mike's! ;)

lostinpaper said...

Sounds like you two are dangerous lol! Love love love this awesome card Jessi!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! I love what you did with the buttons! And cutting the Chevron! (I usually am too lazy!)

~Tammy~ said...

You must share the banished story!!!! :-)))) Too much fun I bet!

I love love this paper and now you have done something terrible and that is influence me to find and buy it! I hope we have it at our store!

You rocked the gorgeous papers! They are so so pretty and your design is fabulous! I love those pretty shinny gray buttons! Perfect touch!

Lindsey said...

That IS gorgeous paper! And you did it proud with this card. Now about being banished from Michael's... ;)

jimlynn said...

Oh WOW!!! Jesse, this is perfection PLUS!!! LOVE IT!! And yes, very pretty paper!! Fabulous card!
Lynn

Greta said...

Love, love, love this card, Jessi! Wow!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Wow, what a fabulous card that is, Jessi! Totally my style - LOVE IT!!
Love the contrast: flowers-chevron and romantic rosé-elegant/cool grey... great!
Have a nice day!
Uli

walchowDesign said...

Aww... beautiful papers, Jessi! Love the romantic peachy/ lemon pp with the grey combinaton and the perfect finishing touch of the buttons!

Emily Keaton said...

OK, those papers ARE so awesome! And why have I never thought to fussy cut chevron paper? It looks fabulous! The funky label treatment is truly eye-catching, too. Off to see what Barb did. I think you should definitely do this kind of challenge again. Looks so fun!!!

fairyrocks said...

Fun stuff,and glad you have a 'H' partner LOL. Keep smiling and creating.

Lisa Arana said...

ooooh, pretty!!!

Dawn said...

What a fun challenge! Your card and those papers are gorgeous! Love what you've done with the label.

Hugs, Dawn