Thursday, June 13, 2013

Father's Day Pug Love

A super-timely challenge to make Father's Day cards from The Pink Elephant this week. I don't make a lot of 'cute' Father's Day cards, but this dog is just too perfect!

Supplies: Paper Smooches stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Red Barn distress ink; Bic markers; polka-dot paper from Echo Park; Sakura black Glaze pen (for eyes & nose)

Our internet has been spotty all day - I blame the rain. SO MUCH RAIN. We had the tail end of a tropical storm over the weekend, and the backyard is underwater again. It dries out long enough to mow the lawn, and then rains again. Blech!
  Photo: Can you relate?

That pretty much sums it up at the moment ;) Then again, in August when it's eleventy billion degrees out & I'm melting, I'll remember these days of 13C fondly. 

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Greta said...

Oh I so love this card, Jessi! Puppy dogs always steal my heart & the paw print inside the heart--gotta see if I can use a couple stamps & make that. Thanks for inspiring me, as always!

Darnell said...

That little doggie is excellent for your adorable Dad's day card, Jessi! I'm sorry you are under water and I'm not talking about your mortgage!

Thank you for the email subs. box so I don't miss any of your excellent posts! xxoo Darnell

Donna said...

Love it!!! That little pug is sooooooo cute :)
Getting lots of rain here in Southern Ontario too, hope it dries up for our road trip next week!

Lindsey said...

Awww. This is adorable! And that little guy is so perfectly coloured, Jessi.

Emily Keaton said...

Eleventy billion is my favorite number of the day!!!!

I hear ya on the rain (and love that cartoon)--we've gotten nearly 7 inches of rain here in the past two weeks. Time to build an ark!!!

Super sweet card!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great Father's Day card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the cartoon clipped you shared. That pretty much was us too!

Such a sweet card! Love those puppy dog eyes! Melts your heart!

lostinpaper said...

Too cute, your colouring is awesome!

Lisa Arana said...

too cute! i dig it!

could you send that rain my way... we could really use it. :)