Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Guest Designer at CASology!

It's a really busy day on my blog!
OR you could just scroll on down. Thank you SO much :)

I am still on cloud 9 about winning last week's CASology challenge - honestly, I can't stop grinning. I had of course admired clean & simple cards for a long time, but they have really challenged me creatively. CASology was the first clean & simple challenge that I played along with, thanks to the lovely Jen, and doing so has really helped me stretch - and so it is even more exciting to receive  that recognition. 

(Also, Paper Smooches prize? Didn't hurt. Just sayin'.)

So, I get to guest design for this week's CASology! Don't pinch me, I'm loving this :)

Here's the cue card:

I promised yesterday that you'd get to see my grandmother's 80th birthday invites today, and here they are! (For a card that is the OPPOSITE of clean & simple, you can click here to see her birthday card!)  This is the 9th design I tried - the first 8 were me beating an idea that wasn't working into the ground. Ugh! I couldn't let go of the idea of yellow....and then it came to me!


Supplies: Flourishes gerbera daisies; Paper Smooches sentiment; Memento Gray Flannel ink; Recollections yellow card stock; Bic and Spectrum Noir markers; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Martha Stewart clear crystal glitter


These need to go in the mail, so a flat, light card was a must. The centres of the daisies are coated with Dimensional Magic, and then glittered. After that dried, I realized that the glitter was going to keep flaking off....so I added a second layer of DM to seal them. They are super shiny! 




Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, June 16th. AND, don't forget to go & see how the incredibly talented design team has interpreted the cue card! 

Thank you SO much for having me, ladies! I'm over the moon :)
xoxo,
Jessi


26 comments:

Ardyth said...

These are so pretty! I love the sunny colours and the shine!

jimlynn said...

Congrats on those wins!!! Awesome!

Love your yellow and white! So clean and simple and yet - lovely!

Lynn

Meghan said...

A beautiful one-layer card! Perfect!

Ellen Taylor said...

A card full of sunshine indeed! Fabulous cas card~Love the glossy centers! Thanks for popping by my blog!!

Gillian R said...

So lovely and pretty

Melissa said...

Beautiful simplicity, Jessi! Love the glitter and shine you added to the centers!!! These are just perfect for your grandmother's 80th!

We're so happy to have you as our guest designer this week at CASology...so well deserved! :)

Andrea W said...

Delightful daisies! Very pretty and I love the glossy centers.

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous cards, Jessi! Gerbera daisies are my favourite flower!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those daisies are so lovely especially with the dimensional accent centre.

Cindy Groh said...

Congrats Jessi. How fun. I love your invitations. They are beautiful.

Rosemary said...

so happy to have you guesting with us this week, jessi! love how you used the gerbera daisy image!!

Dana said...

Wow! Gorgeous invites!! I love the dimension in the flower centers!! I also love the grey ink, i've been looking for a soft light grey, going to have to pick up that color!!

Lindsey said...

An absolute beauty, Jessi! Congrats to you on that well-deserved win.

Darnell said...

You deserved the win, Jessi, and your guest designer daisy cards are "over the moon" yellow and CASlicious! You are rocking the CAS cards, my friend.

I've also played catch-up on your previous posts and was overwhelmed with the great cards you have been posting. When I click out of the comments, I'm going to subscribe so I don't get too far behind in the future! xxoo Darnell

Darnell said...

Hmm, could you add a "subscribe by email" gadget to your sidebar? Thanks!

Emily Keaton said...

These are so beautiful, Jessi! So clean and simple and fresh as, well, . . . a daisy!!! Perfect for your grandmother's 80th Bday invites! Now, off to see your anti-CAS card for her ;)

Dawn said...

Congratulations Jessi! Well deserved :) A gorgeous invite - beautiful design and I love those daisies.

Hugs, Dawn

Mary J said...

OH wow, this is so fresh and beautiful, Jessi! I love how you used the white space too!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats on all your winning, Jessi! Doing the happy dance for you and enjoy your PS stamps!

Lovely set of birthday invites for your granny!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats again on your win at CASology, and on your Guest DT spot this week!
I love how you used the soft yellow on the center of your blooms...adding a shine to them, really makes them pop, too! Beautiful card, Jessi!

Cindy C. said...

These are really pretty Jessi! Congrats on your GD post!!

Greta said...

Big congrats on the win, Jessi! I really love your daisy card--just the right amount of yellow & the centers are spectacular!

Judy1223 said...

Jessi, what a lovely CAS card set...beautiful, sunny invitations and I LOVE the sparkle on the flower centers! So glad to have you guest designing this week!

~Tammy~ said...

Big Big congrats! Love the sunny bright yellow and those daisies!

lostinpaper said...

Ta Dah... perfect! One of my fave stamp sets for sure!

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous!!! that yellow is absolutely stunning.