Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Good morning! This week is a HUGE celebration for Tuesday Morning Sketches - four years old. Can you believe it? Four years, over 200 sketches...this calls for a party! And a party it is. This week there are SEVEN prizes up for grabs. SEVEN lucky winners - and all drawn randomly, so everyone has an equal chance of winning. There are 4 sketches to choose from, and you can play along as many times as you like - but please remember, no backlinking!

We are also saying goodbye to Theresa this week - Theresa is the one who urged me to play along at TMS in the first place, and we are all going to miss her.

Now, 7 prizes mean 7 sponsors - these generous people and companies have offered up:

Bonnie Kohane  - Card Kit featuring Glisten stamp from The Greeting Farm
Fresh Squeezed Stamps - Stamp Set of choice
Raisin Boat - Stamp Set of choice
Freckled Fawn - $20 gift card
Oak Pond Designs - 3 digis of choice

Wait, that's only 6, you're thinking. I'm the seventh - here's a picture of the set of crocheted mats I'm sending to one of the winners!
6 ovals - 2 white, one each pink, chocolate, cream, and KRAFT
6 small circles - 2 white, one each pink, chocolate, cream, and KRAFT

Kraft is a new colour for me - I haven't even added it to the Crocheted Mats page yet! 


Here are the four sketches to choose from this week - designed by Melissa, Theresa, and Debbie.

I've used Theresa's sketch for my card - I absolutely love the Pretty Bird set from Raisin Boat. This peacock is my favourite :)


Supplies: stamps from Raisin Boat; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Bic Markers; Amy Tangerine patterned paper; pink & purple crepe paper; pink rhinestone strips from Dollarama; classic small circle Nesties


Don't forget to visit the rest of my teamies!

AND if you haven't yet, stop by my pal Barb's blog & see what awesome goodies she's got for sale - lots of stamps & Nesties at great prices! 

I'll be right back with my Shopping our Stash post :)
xoxo,
Jessi

19 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Crocheted edges; I've been seeing them around, and they're really interesting. What a nice gift!

Dana said...

Sounds like fun! I'll have to jot down these sketches and play later this week! And its funny i saw the sketch 1st and really liked the bottom right one... the same one you did!! lol! I love the blue mixed with the pink!! Awesome card!!

Debbie said...

What wonderful sponsors we are having this week!!! :)

Beautiful card!! I love the crepe ruffle!! We've been to the zoo recently and saw some peacocks with wings spread... they are so gorgeous!!

Jenée said...

Jessi, your card is so pretty. I am in awe of how you used the pleated ribbon at the bottom, and those sequins around the image. This is just stunning!

I so LUV your crochet mats. They are wonderful and make such a pretty addition to my cards!

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooh! if you hadn't already drawn me in with the promise of celebration and prizes, those sketches are AWESOME! ok, i gotta, gotta, gotta play! (even tho most of my supplies are locked behind 2 layers of plastic and a wall o'dust. wanna help me break into my art lair?!?!)

ps: love♥LOVE♥love your ruffly, sequinny, PINK WOOD GRAIN peacock card! good grief, that is gorgeous!!! ♥

Chris Dring said...

How stinkin' adorable is this card! Love that peacock image too! I may have to play along with this challenge!

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely job on the card Jessi and wow what a prize. I think I need some ovals and in Kraft! Happy Birthday and thank you so much for being a part of it.

Indy's Designs said...

I'm so jealous of your amazing crocheting abilities! Your mats are just beautiful and add such elegance to cards! Thanks for your generosity to one lucky winner! As for your card, I love the image and those vibrant colors!

Dawn said...

A party it is! I love your card - a beautiful peacock and such a lovely sentiment. Love your crochet mats, I've been meaning to e-mail you to get some but I am so disorganized that I haven't gotten to it yet. They make such beautiful cards.

Hugs, Dawn

Unknown said...

Very cute card! Love the crocheted mats!

Gail said...

Your card is adorable and love those crocheted mats as well - have a lovely crafting day!

Laura said...

I wondered if that was crepe paper when I saw it at the TMS blog... so clever! I haves rolls and rolls of that stuff... I wonder if I can fit it into my crafty space?? Thanks for the inspiration to try something new! Your card is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Awesome job crocheting around the edges!
Lovely card!

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card!! I really like the ruffles - they are perfect for such a fancy peacock! :)

Jami said...

Love your fun and cheerful card! Those crochet mats are fabulous too!!

Cynthia T said...

The blue, pink, and purple on this card is so much fun! This is my first visit to your blog, and my goodness--
those crocheted rounds are great! Thanks for sponsoring this weeks sketches at TMS :)

Peanut said...

Oh so pretty and sparkly, Jessi! Love the ruffled edge - so unique. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Always a pleasure to hear from you!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

lostinpaper said...

So vibrant and full of fun , LOVE it Jessi (what great pp)!

Donna said...

I love the crocheted mats! What a wonderful prize. Cute card. I love the ruffles and sequins.