Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketches #205 - Doodle Pantry!

Good morning! Time for a new Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch, and this week we have the lovely Doodle Pantry sponsoring our prize. I have become borderline addicted to Doodle Pantry's colourized images - they are so well done & make it so easy.

For my card today I'm using the Peacock Birdie, which was offered as a freebie for a limited time (hey, did you know if you follow Doodle Pantry's blog  you not only get inspiration from their Design Team, but can find out what challenges they're sponsoring, join in DP's own challenges, and find out about freebies & specials? Just sayin!) Peacock Birdie also comes with digital papers, and I've used one on my card as well.
Supplies: Peacock Birdie from Doodle Pantry; sentiment from AmyR (CC Designs); Mowed Lawn distress ink; blue Liquid Pearls; Sakura Black Glaze Pen; Timeless Twine (denim); blue seam binding; WPlus9 banner die; classic small circle Nesties; green rhinestones 


I printed out two birds at the same time, and fussy cut one and popped it up. A little bit of Black Glaze on the eyes, and some liquid pearls on the tail, and voila :)

Here's the sketch:



Don't forget to visit the rest of my teamies!

And from yesterday's post:
On Saturday I did a little shopping in my dear friend Barb's stash - and guess what? YOU CAN TOO! She has some really awesome stuff listed on her blog...check it out here.  There are a bunch of Paper Smooches sets...and Nesties....and if I talk much more about it I'm going to go buy more, so please save me from myself.  LOL!

xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

Jen W. said...

That is one cute little birdie! Love how you popped him up and the double banner sentiment rocks!

Debbie said...

This is really cute!! I love the crinkly bow and touches of bling!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

You have been so busy this weekend making incredible cards! Have so enjoyed seeing all your sweet projects!

Jenée said...

Jessi, this is a super, super card. The colored digital image of this little sweetie was definitely the way to go, and the dimension created with two images is wonderful. Very nice card, indeed!

Lindsey said...

Oh, this is totally awesome! Peacock patterned paper? Love it. :)

lostinpaper said...

Uber sweet and such fun colours!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is totally adorable!

Unknown said...

so frickin' adorbs!!! i love that image and that awesome layout :)

Dawn said...

So sweet! The peacock is adorable. Love how you've used colour and embellishments - the gems are perfect.

Hugs, Dawn

Andrea W said...

LOVE it! Your fussy cutting is amazing and I love that you kept it simple. It really highlights to beauty of the image and colors. Very pretty card!