Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Scooting by...

Another awesome pun. I love those, just in case you hadn't realized. 


Supplies: Paper Smooches stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black & Gray Flannel inks; Barn Door & Tumbled Glass distress ink; Bic markers; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; black Sharpie


I made a little 'road' for the scooter by stamping the 'toot toot beep beep' stamp repeatedly. Before adding the shine to the scooter (which we can all agree makes it so much funner!) I added the glitter pen to the lights & smudged it a little to create a glow. I also traced the 'happy birthday!' sentiment. The stamped panel was then edged with black Sharpie - I love love love this technique for adding a border without adding extra bulk. 

I think this card would be perfect for a young guy - which may make me delusional, but hey. The sky in my world is very pretty too :) Playing along with The Paper Players this week: 


xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'll join you in your delusion -- seems to me this is a perfect card for a boy! Awesome colouring on the scooter.

jimlynn said...

Nothing more fun than a shiny little scooter! VERY CUTE!!!
Lynn

Unknown said...

love it! the beep beep stamping is perfect! awesome GA control too ;)

lostinpaper said...

Another fab card, the subtle stamped road is genius Jessi!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, awesome colouring. I would so love to learn to use my markers, mine never looks this good.

Andrea W said...

Super cute card! Terrific idea stamping the road and I love the colors.

stampwithsandy said...

Very cute! I think this card would be appropriate for a boy or girl. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Jessi!

Dana said...

Oh my gosh Jessi!! This card is mind blowing!!! I love your'road' and the coloring and shine to your scooter!! I think any young boy would love it!!