Saturday, October 12, 2013

Drunken Stampers #145 - Place: CARNIVAL!

I know I say this like every single Drunken Stampers post, but I really do love the Person/Place/Thing themes this term :)


So many possibilities! What could you see at a carnival? Rides, animals, performers, popcorn & cotton candy....so many things, right? I went with a clown:



Supplies: pre-coloured digi from Doodle Pantry; classic small circle Nesties; various embossing folders from Cuttlebug; rhinestones from Dollarama; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic



As I usually like to do with pre-coloured digis, I printed out 2, and fussy cut one so I could pop up different parts of the image. I also added some gloss to his nose, buttons, horn, and shoes :)

So, ready to go have fun on the midway? Or under the big top? Or...I'm running out of carnivally things to say....um....on the Ferris Wheel? Ack. Come play with us up until next Friday night, October 18th. And don't forget to go see what my fellow Yellow Canaries have created for you:


Donna - Challenge Host - Yellow Dog Greetings
Jacki - Scullduggery
Jessi - that's me!
Lindsey - Bashful Blogging

xoxo,
Jessi

PS! The voting for guest designer at Flourishes is open until Monday - obviously I would appreciate your vote, but take a look - there are some seriously talented designers in the running!

13 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is so adorable, fabulous image and love the "popped up parts" great sketch. super job Jessi.

Chris Dring said...

Love your card design Jessi! All the circles embossed in circles! And how you added dimension to the clown by fussy cutting parts and layering them. Awesome job!

Donna said...

Awesome possum! Love the dimensions in the clown! Super cute!

Andrea W said...

The bright colors and circles make a very FUN card!

jimlynn said...

Delightful!!!! So much fun and cute, cute, cute. Love the gloss on this - but that hair is perfection!! Love it.
Lynn

Karen Schroeder said...

I love your card! Bright colors make me feel if I'm at a carnival...perfect!

lostinpaper said...

Cute cute adorable, love how you added the dimension!

Peanut said...

Gosh! This is such a fun card, Jessi! The bright colours and the clown just scream carnival. Love it!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Wendy ten Hove said...

Well this surely is a party, hi hi. Love the happy-making colors! Fun card, Jessi!
Hugs, Wendy

Dana said...

Wow is card is amazing!!! The detail!! Embossing, pop ups, gems!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is too funny! I love love the colorful papers and that image is awesome, but I love the perfectly matched sentiment the most! :-)))

Lindsey said...

This is adorable! I do love how you always dress up your digi images. :)

Debbie said...

This is so cute!!
This funny bright clown just makes me laugh!!