Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketches #225 - Paper Pretties!

Good morning! Melissa has another great sketch for us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches - it was so fun to work with. Paper Pretties is our sponsor, and I was able to choose this super-sweet image to work with - Nestfull of Love.



Supplies: image from Paper Pretties; Bic & Spectrum Noir markers; pink snowflake paper from Crate Paper; green & teal dotted papers from MME; Classic small circle Nesties; Bow Easy; twine; bells; pink gems from MME Lush


Here's the sketch - so perfect for attaching some bells in place of the charm! 


We have some exciting news today too - we have a new design team member! Make sure to give Kris a warm welcome :) 

This sketch is open until next Sunday, November 24th - be sure to hop around & see what the rest of the team created!



Tattoo update!
I am so happy with how it looks - of course, I have to tell you, it is SORE right now! There will still be a few hours' work left (adding colours and a couple more flowers) but I love that it doesn't look unfinished at this stage. These photos aren't terrifically clear as they were taken with my phone - by myself - and it's hard to get the back of your arm without help, lol! The line of text is a lyric from "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and it reads "With every mistake...we must surely be learning." 





xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

Andrea W said...

I love the green and pink colors together and the image is super cute. Another great card!

Emily Leiphart said...

This card is so cute! The triple bow with coloured bells is terrific. You are one brave lady getting a tattoo that big. It really is stunning!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love the jingle bells on your card, Jessi. So cute! Your tattoo is a big one, and very elegant. I like the verse you chose from the song. :)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Ouch, ouch..your tattoo looks so painful...i am so glad it's not something i want to do. Gives me the goosebumps. I am loving the card colors..they are perfect for dreary days..they are happy colors!

Lindsey said...

I am definitely in the "ouch" category looking at your tattoo. But it is definitely going to be awesome! And a perfect quote. ;)
Also awesome... this card! Great colouring and I do love those little jingle bells.

Dana said...

Aww what a cute card!! I love the pattern paper you used!! The tattoo is looking good!

Kris B said...

Cute card! What an adorable image and your coloring is wonderful! Love the colored jingle bells and non-traditional Christmas colors! Your tattoo is going to be gorgeous! Oh, but it does look painful!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Jessi, I love those fun bright colours and that adorable image. Your tattoo is fabulous.

walchowDesign said...

Does it hurt? You are so brave, Jessi!

Cute card and beautiful colouring!

Darnell said...

Oh, stop it, how adorable is that card?!! Now about the tattoo, you, my friend, have a very high threshold for pain! I'm glad you are happy with how it is turning out!! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

Super fun card Jessi, and my your arm looks sore, hope it's all finished and looking fantastic real soon!

Greta said...

Darling card--love the jingle bells! Gotta figure out how to use bells on some cards--several packages unused--not good--LOL!

Peanut said...

Ouch ouch ouch..... ooooh it does look sore. This work of art doesn't compare to what you had done before. What were you thinking, girl?! Bet you're aching (!) for summer to come 'round to show it to the word.
Oh, and I love the card too. So bright and cheerful I'll have a go this week...before it's too late...again!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card! That's one of the cutest images I've ever seen. Fantastic card!!
The tat is coming along great too!
Lynn

Debbie said...

These are such fun papers and such a fun image!! Love this!!

I still just say "Ouch!!!!!"

Stacy said...

Yeah, I bet that tattoo hurts like heck. I am glad you are happy with how it looks so far. Are you going to have a sleeve inked up?

Jen W. said...

Totally loving the bright and bold colors and the multiple bows!

And your tattoo is stunning! I can't wait to see the finished product - it's going to be phenomenal. And I love the quote (although sometimes I wonder if I ever learn anything from my stupid mistakes!!)