Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's a purple week...

...with quite a few challenges asking for purple creations. I've been using it more anyway, thanks to a friend whose favourite colour is purple - I realized that I rarely use it. So, to add to my ALL FAIRIES ALL THE TIME I will now be working on ALL PURPLE ALL THE TIME. Well, maybe MORE PURPLE SOME OF THE TIME?

It's early, and I haven't had enough coffee just yet. Let's say it's that.

So, here's my purple card for the current Flourishes challenge. 



Supplies: Dahlia stamp from Flourishes; sentiment from PTI; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Bic Markers; papers from Memory Box

The layout I quite like - it was one of  those 'I want to use this scrap!' inspired bits, but perhaps I will convert it to a sketch. I like the smidge of the larger-scale pattern peeking out.

xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

Peanut said...

Love this card, Jessi! That gorgeous bloom....oh! The background DP is so pretty.
xxx xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful,so purple week, My favourite colour too. Your colouring on the flower is fabulous. I like the sketch too.

Andrea W said...

Very pretty Jessi! I too LOVE purple and your image is beautifully colored.

TLady said...

LOVELY JOB!!!!!!!!!:)

Angela said...

I love purple...this is so pretty!

Chris Dring said...

Your coloring is fabulous Jessi! I really like this card design also. What a gorgeous purple themed card!

Joni Andaya said...

Oh...Jessi this is one BEAUTIFUL card! So in love with the way you colored the flower. So Pretty!

~Tammy~ said...

This is stunning! I hardly use purple myself! I was just thinking about that when I was making the short persons valentines! He was suppose to help, but he must have seen a squirrel! Ha ha!

jimlynn said...

Pretty in purple!!! Love it!
Lynn

Allison Cope said...

Oh it's purple-rific Jessi! Great card - great colouring too! Thanks for joining our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" over at Flourishes!

Lindsey said...

More purple some of the time is entirely reasonable. :) Wowzer colouring and yes, a great layout.

Greta said...

Pretty papers & gorgeous flower--lovely purple creation!

Dana said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE your coloring!! The flower is soooo pretty!!

lostinpaper said...

Your shading is perfect on this flower, love it Jessi!

Katie Sims said...

All purple all the time? LOl! Cute post and a lovely card with your beautiful purple Dahlias! So glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday challenge! :)