Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm so far behind....

....I can see my own rear end! At least that's how it feels at the moment. Kid problems, med roulette for Connor & for me, and the side effects....so far for Connor it's just playing with dosage (medicating a growing teenager is an interesting challenge) but the doctor prescribed a second cholesterol drug for me. Add in the side effects from THAT with the stress going around here? My arse is seriously dragging.

So, I'm ignoring the chunks of stuffed animal littering the floor (along with the remains of tissues scavenged by the dogs, sigh) and getting some crafty stuff going. It's been ages since I played along at MUSE, and ages since I did some collage stamping, so off I went! I had intended to follow the colour scheme of Therese's card as well, but it veered to a more rainbowy palette & I went with it.


Supplies: stamps all from CTMH; washi tape from WRMK and Recollections; Studio Calico arrow; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Neat & Tangled crystal clear sequins; distress inks in Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn

The extra splots of Dimensional Magic were to make up for an accidental splot where a sequin wasn't going to work. I rolled with it. Those sorts of things always happen at the last minute. I masked the green circle, and the washi is wrapped around  the edges of the panel.


xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress, but I'm so glad you see you at Muse this week with this really fun and crazy (in the best way!) card!

walchowDesign said...

Sorry to hear that you have to go thru all this stress, my friend! Great funky card!

walchowDesign said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepti said...

This is such a cool and fun take on the muse, the washi tape adds an extra perfection to ur design !

jimlynn said...

First of all.....take care of yourself! Sorry about all the stress going on in your life right now Jessi.
Love this card!! Great colors and design.
Lynn

Lindsey said...

Love that you can be going through all that, um, stuff, and make a best day ever card. :D Way to roll with it, my friend, and create a great card in the process.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love the collage effect of our card! Take a deep breath and try to relax - eventually things will get better again!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, love the collage effect

lostinpaper said...

Great save with the dimensional magic, I must remember that trick, love your fun card Jessi! ps hope life gets back on track real soon x

Debbie said...

I hope things get a little more "normal" for you soon!!

I love this card and this style! All of my attempts always look like my craft room puked, so I don't do it, but I love yours!!

Sandi said...

This is so fun!!! Great take on the challenge! Hope things are looking up for you! Hugs!!!